What's new

Wolfman: On the waiting list. Questions.

If you're comfortable with the 1.25 I wouldn't consider the 1.05. I use the 1.15 SB daily and it isn't a problem at all. 3 days growth is also not a problem but I wouldn't want to go much beyond this (YMMV). If I had the 1.25 and it proved to be a bit much as a daily driver then I would simply use this razor for longer stretches, and maybe special occasions, and then the 1.15 as a daily driver. As a matter of fact, I often use my Timeless .95 after a weekend's growth because I do find it to be a little easier shave than with the 1.15. If you were only going to keep just the one then you might be hindered with the 1.15 SB, if it is not unusual for you to go more than a few days without shaving. P.S. My current plans are to purchase the 1.25 SB next time my name comes up.

Great advice, thank you! The 1.25 is great, no question, but I couldn’t do it daily. Presently, I shave every two days but can go to four days (as today). I am curious to try the 1.15 but ultimately will keep only one.

Or not. I am not that curious. 😊

DW

Well the B&B Wolf Whisperer (Hannah’s Dad) strikes again! I put a feather in my WR2 1.25 and had as good a shave as I ever have in my life (one days growth as I’m a daily shaver). The feather in the Wolf felt uncharacteristically (for me) buttery smooth and really kicked the efficiency up. No touch ups required. Fantastic!

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
Feather, feather, feather. All this talk of feather made me do it. I had zero intentions of using a feather in my WR2 1.25. I didn’t like the feather in my 1.15. But alas, I have succumbed to the peer pressure, and tried a feather in this morning’s shave. As I suspected the shave was rough and gave me weepers and irritation. I went super steep as usual. No joy for me. Since feathers usually smooth out on the second shave, I’ll give it one more shave at least. Then it’s probably back to my standard Wolf rotation of Perma-Sharp gold and wizamet. It’s a classic ymmv. Cheers fellas.

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
Feather, feather, feather. All this talk of feather made me do it. I had zero intentions of using a feather in my WR2 1.25. I didn’t like the feather in my 1.15. But alas, I have succumbed to the peer pressure, and tried a feather in this morning’s shave. As I suspected the shave was rough and gave me weepers and irritation. I went super steep as usual. No joy for me. Since feathers usually smooth out on the second shave, I’ll give it one more shave at least. Then it’s probably back to my standard Wolf rotation of Perma-Sharp gold and wizamet. It’s a classic ymmv. Cheers fellas.
That’s a bummer, Brad. But you’re right — mileage varies with blades more than possibly any other component of a shaving setup. Keep rocking with what works!

If it's any consolation, I may be in the same boat as you in a few days when my order of Feather blades arrives. I will be sure to report on how my experience goes with a Feather in my WR2 1.15.

Hoping I can piggy-back off this thread and get some advice. My number just came up for my Wolfman and want to make sure I'm making the right choice. My initial configuration is as follows:

Razor Head: WR2-OC Razor Head (1.25mm Blade Gap)

Razor Head Finish: Polished (Basic/Textured)

Handle: WRH2 (90mm (Regular) Solid)

Handle Finish: Polished (Basic/Textured)

The blade gap is the biggest decision here. I don't have a huge array of razors, but will give you what I have in case that info helps. Been enjoying my Game Changer .84 SB for most shaves. Just recently I've added a Feather AC, which I've been enjoying, but have to use the Game Changer around chin and neck to finish the shave. I typically shave every 3 days, so a good amount of growth. I also have a Fatip Lo Storto OC slant, which seems pretty efficient, but using it to get every last bit of stubble will sometimes result in nicks.

Trying to gauge where the above configuration falls on the scale, I'm thinking the Wolfman will be more efficient than the Game Changer, but not sure if as efficient but less aggressive than the Fatip Lo Storto OC slant. Would anyone caution me on the 1.25mm blade gap OC configuration?

If it's any consolation, I may be in the same boat as you in a few days when my order of Feather blades arrives. I will be sure to report on how my experience goes with a Feather in my WR2 1.15.

I also find feathers a ltle rough expecially at the beginning. I am going to try swiping a new feather with a Cork to see if it smoothes it out.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
Don’t get me wrong. I like Feather blades and use them in other razors. But I find the Wolf to be one of the most blade-picky razors. Blade selection with the Wolf has the most dramatic effect versus other razors. Feather is great in a Tech, Super Speed, R89, Game Changers, etc. But not good for me in the Wolf. I find the gold Perma Sharp works the best, even though the Polsilver/Wizamet is my favorite blade.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
Hoping I can piggy-back off this thread and get some advice. My number just came up for my Wolfman and want to make sure I'm making the right choice. My initial configuration is as follows:

Razor Head: WR2-OC Razor Head (1.25mm Blade Gap)

Razor Head Finish: Polished (Basic/Textured)

Handle: WRH2 (90mm (Regular) Solid)

Handle Finish: Polished (Basic/Textured)

The blade gap is the biggest decision here. I don't have a huge array of razors, but will give you what I have in case that info helps. Been enjoying my Game Changer .84 SB for most shaves. Just recently I've added a Feather AC, which I've been enjoying, but have to use the Game Changer around chin and neck to finish the shave. I typically shave every 3 days, so a good amount of growth. I also have a Fatip Lo Storto OC slant, which seems pretty efficient, but using it to get every last bit of stubble will sometimes result in nicks.

Trying to gauge where the above configuration falls on the scale, I'm thinking the Wolfman will be more efficient than the Game Changer, but not sure if as efficient but less aggressive than the Fatip Lo Storto OC slant. Would anyone caution me on the 1.25mm blade gap OC configuration?
I’ve not had a WR2 in OC, but I have been told by several that the OC doesn’t shave as nice as the solid bar, and doesn’t improve efficiency. So I never got one. Was considering a dual comb at one point, but was talked out of it. From what I understand, the WR1 OC is a different story, but that’s another conversation.

Regarding efficiency, the 1.25 solid bar is more aggressive and efficient than the GC84p. I have a 1.25 Sb, and the GC84p. They are in different ball parks all together. The GC84p is smooth and efficient, but the shave results are nowhere near the efficiency of the 1.25. The GC has almost zero blade feel, while the 1.25 has a bit. But it’s the shave results that tell the tale. If I shave with a 1.25, I stay smooth for a lot longer than with the GC. I have a hard time getting my trouble spots on my neck BBS smooth with the game changer. I get it so much closer to BBS with the 1.25. If you are concerned about keeping the Wolf smooth and without blade feel, you can consider the 1.15, which I also have. It’s quite blade neutral, proving the super smooth shave experience similar to the GC, but much more efficient. The 1.15 is awesome. It’s the smoothest highly efficient razor I own. The 1.25 ups the efficiency, but does introduce blade feel and a touch of aggression for me. It is awesome as well. I can’t comment on the Fatip. I had a Grande once, and it was possibly the worst razor I’ve ever owned.

Don’t get me wrong. I like Feather blades and use them in other razors. But I find the Wolf to be one of the most blade-picky razors. Blade selection with the Wolf has the most dramatic effect versus other razors. Feather is great in a Tech, Super Speed, R89, Game Changers, etc. But not good for me in the Wolf. I find the gold Perma Sharp works the best, even though the Polsilver/Wizamet is my favorite blade.
I'm tempted to throw the first Feather I use in my Timeless Ti .68 just to give myself a better chance for success. Sometimes first impressions can be lasting ones and I'd rather begin with a positive experience, if possible.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
I'm tempted to throw the first Feather I use in my Timeless Ti .68 just to give myself a better chance for success. Sometimes first impressions can be lasting ones and I'd rather begin with a positive experience, if possible.
That's not a bad decision. Cant recall if I tried a feather in my Timeless 68 or not.

I received my Feather blades last night. I loaded up both my Timeless Ti .68 and my WR2 1.15. I was a bit undecided which razor to try this morning but ultimately opted to go with the 1.15. I normally wouldn't be shaving on a Saturday morning. I did my normal two pass routine of WTG and XTG. No weepers or nicks to report. I definitely exercised caution during this shave, though. I applied the alum block at the end of the shave and it didn't seem to identify any problem areas. No stinging. All in all a very nice shave and it seems my neck area was shaved a wee bit closer. One shave is not enough to base any solid conclusions. I will see how my face holds up after a few more shaves.

Waited on the list from September of 2019 and received mine in June of 2020. Absolutely beautiful and effortlessly smooth shaver. However, if anyone ends up with a 1.45 mirror polished they find too efficient, please DM me, I find my 1.25 mirror polished too mild.

I am one shave into my first Wolf 1.25 SB and have a "curiosity" about acquiring different plates and handles. I have acquired many beautiful razors, but the Wolfman really stands out. The basic polish finish is, as others have stated, easily equal to the best polish finish of other vendors.

My question is can I buy only plates and handles or must I buy one complete razor at a time?

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
I am one shave into my first Wolf 1.25 SB and have a "curiosity" about acquiring different plates and handles. I have acquired many beautiful razors, but the Wolfman really stands out. The basic polish finish is, as others have stated, easily equal to the best polish finish of other vendors.

My question is can I buy only plates and handles or must I buy one complete razor at a time?
As far as I know, you can buy a head by itself (cap and plate), but not a handle or plate by themselves.

I just ordered another WR2 and was told it was not possible to just buy plates. Unfortunate. That’s what I love about razors like ATT, Karve, and timeless. Was easy to get the extra plates and it is nice to change them up based on amount of growth. But I’m sure there is a reason they don’t offer it. Maybe less profitable that making a whole razor head. Who knows.

I would have bought a 1.25 plate when I ordered my WR2 razor with 1.15 gap if allowed. Still not 100% between 1.15 and 1.25 but I took the leap so will see when it arrives.

Either way, his razors are awesome.

Top Bottom