What's new

SHARK WEEK!!

Saturday Shark Week Shave:

Razor: British Spiral Tech (1976 W4)
Blade: Shark Super Stainless (fresh blade)
Brush: WildWest with synthetic Tuxedo knot
Soap: RazoRock Caribbean Holiday
AS: SeaBreeze astringent followed by RazoRock Caribbean Holiday

Today I went out with the Shark on a short Carribean Holiday.. The reef Shark was very docile. Came in close, but didn't take a bite..
Did a 2 pass with a little touch-up and this was a DFS. 8.75.

I'm not sure I'll ever get a to BBS. The problem spots on my neck just won't get smooth ATG.

IMG_5174.JPG

Shark Saturday shave this morning:

1. E4 Fatboy
2. Binned the [emoji1655] Platinum for Super Chrome (1)
3. Fuller, reknotted with Timberwolf synthetic
4. Stirling Piacenza
5. Dickinson's WH
6. Nivea Sensitive post shave balm

All in all a very nice shave and no blood - left 'um hungry again!

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Left Side: Black Handle Super Speed with SP (2)
Right Side: Flair Tip Super Speed with SS (4)
Super Cremogena
Vie Long 'American' Handle
Nivea Cooling Post Shave Balm with Added Agar Oil

Platinum: Close, but with irritation & weeper at sensitive neck area
SS: Smooth and close without irritation

6 shaves on the Shark SS and it's time to call it for Shark Week 2020. I didn't remember great things about the Shark blade but I had 5 very comfortable shaves before today so that's fairly impressive. Today's shave was rough but I don't typically look to get more than 5 shaves out of a blade anyways.

Razor : Merkur 37c
Blade : Shark SS
Brush : Yaqi Tuxedo Barberpole
Soap : Captain's Choice Nor'easter
Post : Thayer's Coconut Water and 50:50 blend of Skin Bracer and Osage

proxy.php

Soap: ARKO in a repurposed deodorant stick.
Razor: Fatip Piccolo OC
Blade: My first Sharko 🦈 (1) NO BITES! Small amount of neck irritation in two spots. Pretty smooth. I was expecting it to be more aggressive.
Brush: Omaga 49
Alum: Aluna
Aftershave: Aqua Velva Musk
3 pass some touch up DFS.​

Day 7
Razor: Merkur 38c
Soap: Maggard Razors lilac
Brush: Simpsons Chubby 2 best badger
Blade: Shark Platinum [emoji1655]
Aftershave: witch hazel
No blood in the water

Last Shark Week shave but the Shark Platinum blade still has enough bite for another shave.

I like the Shark [emoji1655] SS better than the Platinum, but neither drew any blood.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Thanks so much for posting this! I don't have cable TV, so this will be a hoot my friend!

Edit: just finished up my shave before midnight! Will post the exciting details tomorrow!

SHARKOARKO will continue for me through the rest of August.
Same here - no cable. I just found the videos this evening, otherwise I would have been watching them throughout the week. Some pretty scary stuff.

Sun 16 Last of Shark Week Shave!!
Soap OSP BayRum
Brush Yaqi 26mm Lucky Dice Tuxedo
Razor Gillette Empire Goodwill
Blade Sharp JAWS Platinum 4th
Post & Aftershave
Ice Water + Special Thayers Mix
Hyaluronic + Clubman BayRum
Another top rated soap. Excellent scent, really love this scent...lasting too. Load from tub and face lather with the nice brush. Soft but enough backbone and really comfortable handle. Lather thickness, creaminess and slickness outstanding!!
Shave with the vintage razor paired with blade was surprisingly nice. Smooth and comfortable but yet sharpish. Didn't feel the blade much. 3+1 multiple passes result in a BBS feel. Icy water rinse feels terrific followed by Thayers then Hyaluronic and VIBR. Rating 9.5/10
Despite the smoothness...going atg on the neck causes some creepers. With that many JAWS circling...bound to be some nibbles...luckily, after 1 week, no big bites...I guessed can trust sharks and JAWS...after all😅😅😅
20200815_221455.jpg

20200815_221607.jpg

20200816_132757.jpg

Day 8:
Shark Platinum
Gillette Red Tip Chris replace 3/18
Geo. F. Trumper‘s Spanish Leather
Rudy Vey B&B 2020 Group Buy with Shavemac D01 knot
Gentleman Jon Alum
Thayer Rose Petal
Proraso Balm
Penhaligen Sartorial

They’re baaaack! I thought the Sharks had left, but they came back for one last bite, but I fooled them. Spanish leather and Sartorial was more than they could handle.
proxy.php

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Day # 8 for the Shark/Arko shave. The Sharks were having a hard time eating my Chum Whiskers this A.M. I got a close shave but, it was not very smooth today. Many Thanks to @BigJ for sponsoring Shark week.! :thumbup1: P.S. I used the Shark SS blade for all X8 shaves.

Eight close shaves from one SHARK!! No blood in the water (aside from the chum)!! Great work!!

:thumbup: :thumbup:

Thanks for participating!!

Last day!!! Missed a few reported sightings and had one mediocre day but shark week is over without any trauma.
Todays shave:
JAWS .84 with SS Shark
B&M Sunny Lane (out of the water and safe back on land)

Thanks again to @BigJ for being the captain and steering us through troubled waters.

Top Bottom