What's new

SHARK WEEK!!

Day 7:
Shark Platinum
Gillette Red Tip Chris replate 3/18(first spin)
Castle Forbes Lime Cream
Rudy Vey B&B 2020 Group Buy with Shavemac D01 knot
Gentleman Jon Alum
Thayer Rose Petal
Castle Forbes Lime Balm

The Sharks seem to be leaving. I do believe I like the platinum best, but maybe it’s that red tip. What a shave!

proxy.php

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s that RedTip!! But the Sharks help!! :a29:

Thanks so much for posting this! I don't have cable TV, so this will be a hoot my friend!

Edit: just finished up my shave before midnight! Will post the exciting details tomorrow!

SHARKOARKO will continue for me through the rest of August.

+1! SHARK WEEK is the the best way to got through the Pandemic (sad that it is over this year)! :a29:

Final SHARK WEEK Shave

Blade:
Shark SS (day 4)
Razor: Wolfman WR1/WRH2 handle
Brush: Simpsons 57
Soap: Fine green vetiver
AS: Swiss Pitralon

Rating: 8.5/10 on a hot day with NO BLOOD IN THE WATER!!

Conclusion:
Surprisingly, I preferred the Shark SS to the SC! I thought it would be the other way around.
:a29:

Final SHARK WEEK Shave

Blade:
Shark SS (day 4)
Razor: Wolfman WR1/WRH2 handle
Brush: Simpsons 57
Soap: Fine green vetiver
AS: Swiss Pitralon

Rating: 8.5/10 on a hot day with NO BLOOD IN THE WATER!!

Conclusion:
Surprisingly, I preferred the Shark SS to the SC! I thought it would be the other way around.
:a29:

Im torn between SS and Platinum and leaning towards Platinum.

I had my final shave (#6) yesterday afternoon with the same SS in my GC .68 OC. Still very smooth. I am very impressed by the SS.

As part shave #6, I also loaded the second SC I have into my GC .84 SB and confirmed that the SC just does not work for me - too much tugging.

I have to say it's been a great Shark Week and I was surprised at how different each of the 3 Shark blades performs on my beard/face. Really happy to have taken part!

Sunday Shark Week shave:

1. Rockwell 2C
2. [emoji1655] Super Chrome (2)
3. EverReady 200T, reknotted with super badger
4. Stirling Piacenza
5. Dickinson's WH
6. Nivea Sensitive post shave balm

Awesome shave for last day of Shark Week!

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Last day of Shark Week!

Razor: PAL Injecto-Matic
Blade: Personna Injector
Razor2: Gillette Old Type head on fat Tech handle
Blade2: Shark Super Stainless
Brush: Simpson's Duke 3 Sapphire Special Edition in synthetic
Pre-Shave: Proraso Red
Lather: Art of Shaving Sandalwood Cream
Aftershave: Proraso Green Splash
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Pinaud Finest powder
PSX_20200815_080333.jpg

No blood so I survived!

image.jpeg

🦈Shark Week🦈
Shave 2
8-16-2020
Soap: ARKO stick in a repurposed deodorant.
Lemongrass added to the lather. It was a test. Not my favorite.
Razor: Karve Brass F
Blade: Sharko platinum (2) again, NO BITES! Small amount of neck irritation. Not the sharpest blade, but it is comfortable.
Brush: Zenith Scrubby
Alum: Aluna
3 pass some touch up DFS.
My first shark week has been fun.
I would like to send a thank you to J​

Last shave for Shark Week 2020...
Razor: Fatip lo Storto Originale
Blade: Shark Super Stainless
Soap: Arko
Brush: B&B 10th Anniversary Boar

SWS_20200816.jpg

A new week usually means a new setup, but I'll stick with the same blade because of Shark Week and the same soap for the month of August. It's been a good week of shaves and I'm glad to have participated. I had used the Shark blades before and had no issues, but the Gillette Red Tip was a new experience. The FOCS is also new to me so I guess Shark Week has been a good excuse to try new things. Be well, be safe, and get outside if you can...

Had my last swim today with the Sharks for a while. I had a better shave today with the SS blade than yesterday and didn't lose any blood. This was a lot of fun and I enjoyed reading all the back and forth with everyone that participated. @BigJ much thanks for hosting this event. :thumbsup:

Had my last swim today with the Sharks for a while. I had a better shave today with the SS blade than yesterday and didn't lose any blood. This was a lot of fun and I enjoyed reading all the back and forth with everyone that participated. @BigJ much thanks for hosting this event. :thumbsup:

Great fun!! :a29: :a29:

You, Sir, are a gentleman especially as we agree about the Shark SS!!

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I did a total of 4 shaves during Shark Week, which for a retired dude is the equivalent of 8 days!

I'm also pledged (on my sacred honor) to use that same blade and Arko for all of August, along with the ugliest brush ever seen:
15975956096323351964001415025001.jpg

It has slowed down on the shedding! I've been trying to kill it since July 5th of 2019 in my "just like grampa used to shave" thread but it keeps going like an old Timex.

If I shave another time tonight (Sunday) I'll let y'all know.

I did a total of 4 shaves during Shark Week, which for a retired dude is the equivalent of 8 days!

I'm also pledged (on my sacred honor) to use that same blade and Arko for all of August, along with the ugliest brush ever seen:
View attachment 1140781
It has slowed down on the shedding! I've been trying to kill it since July 5th of 2019 in my "just like grampa used to shave" thread but it keeps going like an old Timex.

If I shave another time tonight (Sunday) I'll let y'all know.

Looks like a typical boar. :)

Well folks this was it. My last shave of Shark Week. The current is shifting and I see the fins drifting away from the shore. The sharks were my friends this week though No blood to report. So I say goodbye to swimming with the sharks on a daily basis for now. Big thanks to @BigJ for organizing this marine adventure!

Today’s shave I used Shark Super Chromes as I have all week along. My razor was a WCS 110s Open Comb, a Yaqi 24mm Two Band Badger, an Arko Sharko stick, and Aqua Velva Ice Sport for the after shave. Today’s photo is courtesy of my 10 year old son. He saw me about to snap a photo and he said, “wait wait dad how about you lean that gold cup thing on its side like this...” So he set up the shot! 😁👍

CC4DCB5B-347E-4F99-A184-575738E254E3.jpeg
78630D5B-EBFF-4411-9025-63C1FE24CB1D.jpeg

Top Bottom