What's new

Corona Virus - Anyone Else Monitoring It?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Read yesterday where a "highly pathogenic" strain of the H5N1 bird flu has been reported in China's Hunan province.

The only continents that arnt infected are the one where people don’t have enough money for go over seas third world crountrys( the avridge person won’t travle do to money problems) maybe people need to stop going to China.

The only continents that arnt infected are the one where people don’t have enough money for go over seas third world crountrys( the avridge person won’t travle do to money problems) maybe people need to stop going to China.

We should let them go, but not come back.

There is that option but the issue is the it’s technicaly a human right issue at that point. It’s a form of kidnaping I think.

Well, the alternative is to let the pandemic in. If the quarantine isn't started soon, it will be ineffective.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
As I understand it, MERS, SARS and 2019-nCoV have all come from bats. The first coronavirus case apparently came from an open air market. I assume said market has a roof and I further assume bats roost from the roof. Given the obvious implications, its no surprise something has happened. It's really not much different than the e-coli breakouts from lettuce and some other produce thats in the news so often the last few years.

More than 20,000 cases now being reported, with 11 in the US. Up from 9 yesterday.

View attachment 1059469

For a comparison, this on Jan.31.

View attachment 1059470

14,623 new cases in less than four days.

Anyone can make these fake headlines. Even me! :001_tt2:

View attachment 1059471
They sell bats for food in these markets

Well, the alternative is to let the pandemic in. If the quarantine isn't started soon, it will be ineffective.
I agree they should of done it the second the outbreak started. They should of locked down the city and then the crountry no one in or out but it’s one of them issues.

Believe it when I see it. Maybe if they lose 100 million they might get serious.
I doubt it, There’s a reason there a superpower in the world.
They have so so many citizens it’s not funny if they called for war ptff forget about it, Australian New Zealander png Thailand Vietnam all the small crountry’s would have a tough time unless the USA Russia uk Japan and half of nato shunned China and said you pull this you better be ready to bend over and take it but even the Russia is friends with China so even with nato they would have a tough time. But thats imo.

....maybe people need to stop going to China.

And vice versa.
There are many mainland Chinese living and working in large numbers
all over Asia. Hundreds of thousands travelled back for Chinese New Year which is when
this thing blew up. The authorities were slow to lock down the cities due to
a number of reasons: saving face, avoiding appearance of incompetence, not creating
panic and stock market turbulence, but above all, preserving their image
of those who know whats best in any situation.

So a lot of mainland Chinese returned back to their host countries escaping the dragnet.
Many managed to slip out for holidays.
This has created infections in many asian countries and now there are cases
where transmission is happening locally over there.

Am I avoiding places where I know people from mainland china have a large presence?
Will I avoid eating in a food hall where I know Chinese mainlanders work in large numbers?
You bet. Some are labelling this simple precaution as racism....for purposes
of virtue signalling...but it seems more sensible than lying in isolation hooked up
to a drip and a prayer.

Last edited:

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
I agree they should of done it the second the outbreak started. They should of locked down the city and then the crountry no one in or out but it’s one of them issues.

Instead they arrested the doctors that warned them of it. Apparently arresting they doctors didn't stop the spread. Who knew?

And vice versa.
There are many mainland Chinese living and working in large numbers
all over Asia. Hundreds of thousands travelled back for Chinese New Year which is when
this thing blew up. The authorities were slow to lock down the cities due to
a number of reasons: saving face, avoiding appearance of incompetence, not creating
panic and stock market turbulence, but above all, preserving their image
of those who know whats best in any situation.

So a lot of mainland Chinese returned back to their host countries escaping the dragnet.
Many managed to slip out for holidays.
This has created infections in many asian countries and now there are cases
where transmission is happening locally over there.

Am I avoiding places where I know people from mainland china have a large presence?
Will I avoid eating in a food hall where I know Chinese mainlanders work in large numbers?
You bet. Some are labelling this simple precaution as racism....for purposes
of virtue signalling...but it seems more sensible than lying in isolation hooked up
to a drip and a prayer.
But it really isn’t it’s. If I where you I’d say to them would you go to a shoot out in armed diffrent situation but same ending you could live you could die, if it was me I would be doing the same call it racist call it what you want I agree with you limit your chances of illness or death.

Instead they arrested the doctors that warned them of it. Apparently arresting they doctors didn't stop the spread. Who knew?

You mean the news media said they arrested the doctors. The bat myth has been discredited, too. The pictures were from another country.

You mean the news media said they arrested the doctors. The bat myth has been discredited, too. The pictures were from another country.

fake?

There is that option but the issue is the it’s technicaly a human right issue at that point. It’s a form of kidnaping I think.

The same arguments have been made about quarantine and other diseases. But unless we set up quarantine camps, there's not much else that can be done to contain it. That may sound harsh, but quarantine is an effective way of limiting the spread of disease.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
3,924 new cases in the last 24 hours, with ominous red numbers. 163.5 new cases per hour. I wonder how long it takes to diagnose a single patient. Those doctors must be working quickly.

Feb.5 2020 8am.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom