What's new

Opinion: Stop Using Toilet Paper

I got a couple of "hockey sports bottles" for about $4 each a couple of months ago from Wal-Mart, and was planning to use them at deer camp. Same as these, but it looks like the on-line price is a bit higher...

Trim the straw back a bit, and pull it up 'til it's almost out of the bottle; mark "bidet" on the bottle.

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
For your viewing pleasure (and 'sh*ts and giggles'...no pun indented [wink]). Desperate times call for desperate measures.
proxy.php

Toilet Paper - Despreact Times.jpg

proxy.php
"It's not hard to tell [I try to save and be green] — when you see toilet paper dryin' on the clothesline". George Lindsey

Last edited:
Some of the more luxurious Japanese models will....no never mind...
I think I see where this is going... Heated jets of air with variable speed and temperature, perhaps oscillating to ensure complete coverage. Maybe some kind of smart sensor to detect when you are dried off. The Japanese take this stuff very seriously.

I read some of the public toilets have "confort noise generation" so that other people can't hear any potentially embarrassing sounds coming from your stall.

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
I'm sure I'm preaching to the choir, but....

I grew up with outhouses and septic tanks, and I'm on a septic now...for the last 25 years. So I think about this very seriously. I don't do anything that may screw up my system.

I'm sure I'm preaching to the choir, but....

I grew up with outhouses and septic tanks, and I'm on a septic now...for the last 25 years. So I think about this very seriously. I don't do anything that may screw up my system.

You are correct. I have an interest in an apartment complex. So far, we have had to repair seven toilets from overflowing because individuals have flushed products such as paper towels, etc., that are not meant to be flushed.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
I went on a low carb/high fat diet a year ago and now have little use for TP. Most often clean first swipe then a shower. Like cleaning an in-fires rifle. Have wanted a bidet for years though.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
I put this one in three months ago just to see how I'd get along with using one. I'm in Canada so it was just under $100 here. Its the best $100 I've ever spent and I'll never be without one. I'll be upgrading to a luxury model sometime, I think, but really not sure its necessary. The one I have has Brass valves and the mixing valve works well. Total install time was around 30 minutes with a screwdriver and channel locks.

How does a person using a Bidet, keep the water from being cold when it first begins to spray?

Most electric ones have water tanks built into them that keep the water at whatever temp you set it at. Most have three settings. The one I have doesnt, but the hot water line is coming from the sink close to the toilet. All I need to do is run the hot water tap to get hot water, switch the bidet to nozzle clean and let it run 5 seconds and I have hot water.

Many now, and they arent that expensive either, have night lights, heated seats, heated water, warm air dryers and many are remote controlled. I've even seen one that had a built in radio and another with an iPod dock lol.

People in North America arent use to such an idea but once you get use to using one, theres no going back to TP. What convinced me was a review I read on Amazon from someone in Turkey, he said "Think about it. If you had **** on your hands or arms, would wiping it off suffice?" Sold.

So you’re telling me a bidet gets you totally clean? Even after a heavy night on the sauce and a Ruby Murray?

no wiping whatsoever?

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
Big question: do you air dry after bidet or pat dry with dare I say it, toilet paper? :)

Mine doesnt have an air dryer so you can use and reuse whatever you like. The same as toweling off after a shower.

Its not really a spray, its a focused stream so there isnt a lot of splash really. You could think of mine like a garden hose with a 3/8 nozzle on it. It has all the water pressure you would think of but thats adjustable from barely a trickle to full blast.

There are a lot of videos on youtube showing demos so you can see the nozzle(s), various stream modes and how they operate.

If I upgrade, it will likely be to this one.

BioBidet Aura A7 - Comprehensive Review - https://waterclosetpro.com/2017/03/28/biobidet-aura-a7-review/

That's a lot of pressure on the keister.

hqdefault.jpg

You got that right! Especially the first time without the hot water feed and not knowing just how much pressure was there lol.

Big question: do you air dry after bidet or pat dry with dare I say it, toilet paper? :)

Air dry takes too long. A single wipe of toilet paper works, and I often did, but now I keep a hand towel nearby and use that instead. No different than drying your hands after you wash them.

Top Bottom