What's new

Opinion: Stop Using Toilet Paper

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Air dry takes too long. A single wipe of toilet paper works, and I often did, but now I keep a hand towel nearby and use that instead. No different than drying your hands after you wash them.

Really? Even though soap isn’t used?

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Really? Even though soap isn’t used?
If the only choice you had to get poop off your hands was running under water and drying or just wiping with a dry towel, which would you choose? The former might not be optimal, but it beats the latter. That being said, you could always use the bidet, then a wash rag with soap, then rinse with the bidet. No need to go full blown shower

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
If the only choice you had to get poop off your hands was running under water and drying or just wiping with a dry towel, which would you choose? The former might not be optimal, but it beats the latter. That being said, you could always use the bidet, then a wash rag with soap, then rinse with the bidet. No need to go full blown shower

I think I'd rather take your earlier advice and just pat dry with a dab of tissue. The money i'd save on tissue in the long run would be worth it.

I've mentioned before, in the place in France we have an electronic one with heated seat, heated water and a warm air dryer. It's quite pleasant in winter when we are there(!) Here I just had a basic one installed and the water is always lukewarm, which is fine. You do need a dab of tissue after use though.

We've installed a few since early March. The people who have them generally don't go back. The only times I've used them have been when stationed in Germany. I would enjoy 4 too many tasty local beverages and accidentally hit the wrong lever in the hotel.

To everyone suggesting flushing things that aren't toilet paper, thank you. Keeping plumbers as essential is good for times of emergency sanitation issues. The downside is there's less day to day jobs. Drippy faucets and upgrading shower fixtures are being put off into the future. So as more paper towels, newspaper, towels, I won't go into it here, get flushed down, the busier my guys stay. And at $350-$1100 a pop, it helps a small local business make ends meet in these adjective times.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"

I use to always look forward to listening to the Cleveland radio station when I was camping at Long Point Ontario, right across the lake.

The water supply for London Ontario comes directly from Lakes Huron and Erie. Its filtered, chlorine is added to sterilize it for consumption and right through my bidet it goes :001_tongu, to be recycled once again through the city's water treatment facilities.

View attachment 1089020
Them Kanucks is stealing our water!

Oh, sorry. It's okay, as long as it's coming from those Buckeyes!

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
Them Kanucks is stealing our water!

Oh, sorry. It's okay, as long as it's coming from those Buckeyes!

Image_ThunderBay13.jpg

Arctic Watershed Historical Plaque - http://ontarioplaques.com/Plaques/Plaque_ThunderBay13.html

You're welcome! :001_tongu

I use to always look forward to listening to the Cleveland radio station when I was camping at Long Point Ontario, right across the lake.

The water supply for London Ontario comes directly from Lakes Huron and Erie. Its filtered, chlorine is added to sterilize it for consumption and right through my bidet it goes :001_tongu, to be recycled once again through the city's water treatment facilities.

View attachment 1089020
It's a small world. When I lived in Cleveland 35 years ago I lived on the 11th floor of a tall building. I could see the lake over the tree tops from my window on the north side of the building. You couldn't see to the other side of the lake and the shoreline stretched in a straight line as far as the eye could see so it looked like an ocean. On Friday nights, I used to listen to the jazz station in London, Ontario on my am radio boom box. They had the best jazz programmer I ever listened to!

FarmerTan

FarmerTan

It's a small world. When I lived in Cleveland 35 years ago I lived on the 11th floor of a tall building. I could see the lake over the tree tops from my window on the north side of the building. You couldn't see to the other side of the lake and the shoreline stretched in a straight line as far as the eye could see so it looked like an ocean. On Friday nights, I used to listen to the jazz station in London, Ontario on my am radio boom box. They had the best jazz programmer I ever listened to!
As I say to my friend, the jazz bass player: jazz musicians make ME look normal....

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
On Friday nights, I used to listen to the jazz station in London, Ontario on my am radio boom box. They had the best jazz programmer I ever listened to!

If I remember right, that was the students station at Fanshawe College lol.

Oh man! You is trying to confuse me with facts, and you KNOW I don't like facts that conflict with MY facts.

No worries brother. You have every right to be wrong. I would still meet you in the middle of Lake Huron to work out a treaty as long as you bring some Kanadian Steph's.

Good thing I have a 16' freighter canoe in the yard and a 2HP Evinrude for it in the garage. Thinking about that now, just two weeks ago I charged up my VHF walkies that I havent used since my last Moose hunt in 2005 and the batteries still take and hold a charge! Worst case, I could call for a rescue lol.

FarmerTan

Oh man! You is trying to confuse me with facts, and you KNOW I don't like facts that conflict with MY facts.

No worries brother. You have every right to be wrong. I would still meet you in the middle of Lake Huron to work out a treaty as long as you bring some Kanadian Steph's.
I'm not sure how Stroh's became Steph's, since I haven't had any Stroh's in years, and I never dated any Steph's......

FarmerTan

Keep movinng north. There are millions of square miles of timber to cut to make more TP! lol
Before I move ANY further north (unless it's to Alaska for the summer) I would rather wear concrete overshoes when I meet you in the middle of Lake Huron!

I am thinking of running the garden hose through the bathroom window though, as the War Department has been talking about a bidet for a while now....

Top Bottom