What's new

Favourite Youtube Shaver

I'm on Team Freedberg, although his videos led to me overloading the hell out of MdC and wasting a bunch of product.

PaulH and the Northern Shaver. I guess i like their down to earth and friendliness (a common trait among most of the YouTubeers in this hobby). Most of all I would have liked to be a Sunday dinner guest at PaulH’s and enjoyed a roast wit “lashentos of gravy”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been watching shaving videos less often of late, as the products are unfamiliar to me. I can't keep up with the never ending influx of soaps, creams, brushes and razors.

I've been watching shaving videos less often of late, as the products are unfamiliar to me. I can't keep up with the never ending influx of soaps, creams, brushes and razors.
It's nice to see the influx of gears and see how they compare. I've realized that I don't have to get everything out in the world but I will take a closer look at unique gears that pop up.

I find all 'men shaving videos' creep me out. I don't know why, they just do.
I guess you are not into men in the undershirts! :adoration:

I wonder why some of these videos are so long. Plus, what possesses an individual to post so many videos? Is it an ego thing? I guess it's similar to when a TV camera pans an audience some folks feel the need to act up.

I wonder why some of these videos are so long. Plus, what possesses an individual to post so many videos? Is it an ego thing? I guess it's similar to when a TV camera pans an audience some folks feel the need to act up.
Luca Dinaro is extremely skilled with a straight razor. However he’s speaking in Italian.
Also Mauro di Lernia, also Italian soeaker

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"

I shave shirtless, this is why I have not made my own video. The retinal damage to the viewing public would surely outweigh any benefit from my limitless shaving knowledge!

...what possesses an individual to post so many videos? Is it an ego thing?

No doubt.

Specifically, social media of all types lets anyone finally become a celebrity. It used to be a big deal to get on TV but who needs that anymore? We have all the media platforms you could imagine and you don't even have to try to get on TV. You simply launch your own channel and you are someone now. People you will never meet praise you and your abilities for whatever it is you are doing. We are more connected than ever before and more lonely, thanks to our digital world.

Ever stopped and wondered

“why am i watching someone shave their face online”??? [emoji3166]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some of us struggled or are currently struggling to develop technique, and watching shaving videos online can be helpful in improving one's skill set. Others appreciate product reviews.

geofatboy
nick shaves
kensurfs

At the start it was for tips on technique....now its just for blade reviews as I am now looking to find my blade(s). After I have blades locked in I can't imagine I'll watch them much at all.

Plus, what possesses an individual to post so many videos? Is it an ego thing?

I'm not sure it's an ego think, although it may be for some. But in general, I get the impression that it's more out of generosity. People wanting to share their knowledge, probably encouraged by positive feedback. Michael Freedberg mentions how generous and decent the wet shaving community is. Why do people feel the need to share theire shaving experiences on B&B or write journals? I think it's mostly positive. All forms of communication are to be encouraged when the intentions are good.

Enjoy your shaves

Wes

Top Bottom