What's new

Favourite Youtube Shaver

Ever stopped and wondered

“why am i watching someone shave their face online”??? [emoji3166]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Frequently! In fact, I sometimes wonder what someone would think if they found me watching shaving videos, but then I remember that I'm entirely BOSC :letterk1:

Enjoy your shaves

Wes

i don't have a particular favorite shaver that i seek out, but i've seen pretty much all of them mentioned in this thread, mostly from searching for reviews on soaps, scents, razors, blades, learning how to lather. There's also something enjoyable about watching someone lather up their face, the sound of the brush swirling around,... you're thinking ohhhh man that must be sooooo niiiiiice. If i had to pick a favorite i'd probably say KenSurfs, he's seems like a really genuinely nice guy that would be cool to hang out with.

One youtuber that I didn't see listed is - Friendship Shaving. He's a very calm quiet gentleman that seems so happy and content while enjoying his shaving gear, he's very soothing and relaxing to watch, kinda like the Bob Ross of shaving,... minus the hippie afro and pet squirrel

BUT - I will name my favorite part of most youtube shaving videos - when they twist open the soap container, take a big sniff and then hold it up to the camera so we can smell it too. that's extremely helpful :lol1:

I also like how most of them are so eager to make videos that they record themselves when they don't even really need to shave. they look exactly the same at the end of the video as they did when it started.

Last edited:
i don't have a particular favorite shaver that i seek out, but i've seen pretty much all of them mentioned in this thread, mostly from searching for reviews on soaps, scents, razors, blades, learning how to lather. There's also something enjoyable about watching someone lather up their face, the sound of the brush swirling around,... you're thinking ohhhh man that must be sooooo niiiiiice. If i had to pick a favorite i'd probably say KenSurfs, he's seems like a really genuinely nice guy that would be cool to hang out with.

One youtuber that I didn't see listed was - Friendship Shaving. He's a very calm quiet gentleman that seems so happy and content while enjoying his shaving gear, he's very soothing and relaxing to watch, kinda like the Bob Ross of shaving,... minus the hippie afro and pet squirrel

BUT - I will name my favorite part of most youtube shaving videos - when they twist open the soap container, take a big sniff and then hold it up to the camera so we can smell it too. that's extremely helpful :lol1:

I also like how most of them are so eager to make videos that they record themselves when they don't even really need to shave. they look exactly the same at the end of the video as they did when it started.

Enjoy your shaves

Wes

Another cut above
Flash Boredom
TrevieB
Friendship shaving
I'd lather be shaving
Steve the daily shaver
Mauro Di Lernia
there's more...

I guess I am the odd one. I don't watch any of them.
Same here. Mantic did it first and best, it seems to me, even if some of his product recs are now a little dated. The new ones all seem to want to prove that if you heavily load and swirl a soft soap for 5 minutes you can make voluminous lather. Guys, we believe you, you can stop now.

If you've ever seen the way Bob Ross slaps his wet brush against his easel.... that's the way i dry off/evenly fluff out my shaving brushes on my forearm after i rinse them.

22.56s "It's your world, you do whatever you wanna do with it."
23.13s "Tap that brush firmly. Firmly."

Wes

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Ive watched a few early on but quickly realized its the social media fame i cant stand and the reviews are basically product placement.

Ok. I've not watched shaving videos on Youtube. Never really felt the need. Can someone direct me to the Michael Freedberg video that everyone seems to find so hysterical, something to do with a big brush? I can't seem to find it.

Funny you guys mention bob ross because i think youtube shavers are in the exact same category. What they’re doing is only mildly interesting to those interested, but their calm, enthusiastic and subdued tone is perfect to zone you out. My first memory of television is bob ross and once he hit youtube back i the early aughts, his shows have helped me sleep ever since. I also put him on in the background when i’m shaving. Zens me out. For youtube shavers, Kensurfs, paul h, kevy, another cut above and sinatralennon are my favorites. I watch primarily at work because what i’m doing is so rote that the videos actually help me chill out and get through the same things i’ve done thousands of times. In any event i share the sentiment that i sometimes wonder if something has gone horribly sideways in my life to get me watching other guys shave on my phone. But it truly is their enthusiasm for a relatable and attainable task that keeps drawing me back. It’s like a friend who buys something awesome and can’t wait to show you. Wholly relatable, somewhat informative, very calming and completely familiar. That’s my take on why we enjoy the youtube shavers.

So I have been posting videos for about a month now on YouTube. The real reason I like to do it is that it makes me use my video editing program a little bit. It almost feels more like a shave journal. It is easy for me to film with my phone, upload to my computer, edit, then upload to YouTube. I also like to do links to some of the products in the description. It is just fun to do. If someone learns something that works for them that is awesome, if not I at least have been practicing a work flow that helps with my video editing and social media work. That being said, I do mostly play trombone and do photography. The video is newer to me and this has been a great blending of two things I love. It has been helping me build some confidence on filming and more importantly playing in Adobe Premiere. Now I am starting to think about getting more creative with how I film and edit. I will see how that goes.

I used to watch Theshockwav because he did interesting shave challenges like butter and obsidian shaving.
Nick Shaves has a good series on the different blades all with the same razor and mostly the same soap.

Somebody mentioned @Toothpick. I watched one of his videos this morning on lathering Williams Mug Soap. I got some good tips from him. This is the only lathering product I use.

I watch quite a few of them.
- Michael Freedburg
Very thorough with his reviews and a great camera presence. Plus he uses some obscure products rather than the usual top-tier, must-have ones that are creating a big buzz.

- Another Cut Above
Again, great camera presence, absolutely no-nonsense, tell it like it is delivery.

- Eric or Erick (Not sure how it's spelled) who's a part of the West Coast Shaving 'Daily Shave' line up.
Another one who provides extensive information during his reviews. He really gets into the nitty-gritty. I've learned quite a bit about the history and background of a few lines of software and hardware.

- Distorted Edge
Good humor, creative editing with the videos and nice reviews. Uses a variety of razors. Mainly vintage single edge and straighs. He also incorporates a variety of software ranging from the very basic, easy to find, non-artisan (Nivea cream for example) right up to the top tier products.

Honorable mentions...
- Kensurfs
- Scents Suds and steel
- Ruds (good for a concise quick review)
- Dagwoodz's Tonsorium

Top Bottom