What's new

Favourite Youtube Shaver

Nowadays I don't really follow a particular youtuber, i just look for reviews. I also get the vibe that a lot of wettubers are greased by artisans and/or regurgitate what someone else said before as they dont want to go against the flow and lose viewers or free stuff by the companies.

I miss the days of the Youtubers like Nick Shaves, Shave Busta or Cap7597. Definitely more entertaining than what is around today.

EDIT: Forgot that I actually do watch Shave&Butcher, swedish guy with a great sense of humor. Isn't a review guy though.

Puh that guy is a piece of work, bit of a moan too.

In my most watched Youtubers this year is Sugar daddy shaves. Here's a link to his channel to spare you sifting through weird videos if you try to search with those keywords. :biggrin1:

No nonsense shaving. Honest and straight forward talk on gear. No sponsored "they sent me this razor for free but I'll be honest, I swear" vloging for us shaving nerds.

Graydog

Biblical Innards
I really enjoy @Kevy and Paul , more for the stories they tell about the world that they live in
Cris from Another Cut Above is also fun.
Those are the 3 that I can watch .
Some of the other guys , it is like watching a commercial like a few of the guys have posted above.
Some of them are like watching adds, and not even the ones from the SuperBowl.....

Ruds
Michael Freeburg
Ken Surfs

I watched a lot of nick shaves when I was learning 10 years ago. Geo Fatboy annoys the h*ll out of me.

I like honest product reviews. I have been wet shaving for a decade and like most, I have a varying collection of products. I’m not one to buy multiple scents in a base etc. I feel like these videos help me better understand what I’m buying before I buy.

Ken Surfs, Rud Shaves, GeoFatBoy, PaulHFilms & The Average Joe. The Average Joe will tell you if a product stinks which is why I like him.

In my most watched Youtubers this year is Sugar daddy shaves. Here's a link to his channel to spare you sifting through weird videos if you try to search with those keywords. :biggrin1:

Actually really an interesting guy who appears to be into optimizing the lather in order to maximize the usage he gets from a blade. The name though....haha

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
When I first started I found Mantic very helpful. I don't really know any of the current guys. I have seen bits of some people and they just seem like shavers with a camera.

None, never followed anybody on YouTube.

Did use YouTube to learn to tie a bow-tie years ago. Also when I first got an SE (the GEM MMOC) I watched one on SE shaving.
Otherwise have not found a reason to follow a shaving video.

None, never followed anybody on YouTube.

Did use YouTube to learn to tie a bow-tie years ago. Also when I first got an SE (the GEM MMOC) I watched one on SE shaving.
Otherwise have not found a reason to follow a shaving video.

or7q-zkl3O1l.jpg

Kensurfs, Michael Freedburg, Josh of Red Beard Shaves, but my main favorite is Mark Hutchinson from Friendship Shaving (who I'm glad to see finally got some love on a couple posts Friday!). I liked the first few videos from GeoFatboy but after a while he just started grating on my nerves, so I basically just watch these guys.

Ruds shaves
Another Cut Above (I believe his name is Cris Madden )
sgrdddy_shaves
Michael Freedberg
Gnomeo Shaves

Robert Ortiz for honing
TheJapanStone/Alex Gillmore also for honing

I'm also very annoyed by geofatboy

Last edited:
Paul H, Ruds and Freedberg.

I am growing weary because they are becoming commercials with knock-off products (not to mention any company names, specifically).

Red Beard shaves has gone dark for the past couple weeks. Anyone know what's going on with Josh?

Top Bottom