What's new

Acquisitions for September 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just won an open-comb gillette with case on ebay for $10. Been trying to win one all week - I'd have the only bid in until the last minute and would get sniped every time for more than my max bid....

here's my first DE shave kit...

$300555_10150311834738087_659273086_7963321_1697380340_n.jpg

EJ DE89L
Omega razor/brush stand
Pottery lathering bowl
Blade sampler

really happy with all of it. had a great first shave last night and looking forward to the next one.

Won this Big Fellow yesterday at what i thought was a decent price of $64:

proxy.php

Four hours later, the exact same razor, with better pictures, went for $300 :a47::a47:

proxy.php

Its all in the camera, It pays to take good pictures! Point made! Great catch by the way! It feels good to know that you got a keeper!

Wow, guess I was very lucky paying only 15 euro for my cased Big Fellow (check page 3 of this thread)

Received a package from Vintagescent.com containing a Semogue 1305, a Semogue SOC and a tube of 444 aftershave balm.

My Gillette blade holder has arrived, came with sealed Blue Gillette blades which is cool because I wasn't expecting them.
Also got a tube of Ingram Shave cream to try out.

Found this sweet girl about thirty minutes from my house at an antique store. Picked this one up and a genco blade that was near perfect except for a couple of very small edge nicks at the heel that honed out quite easily.

Attachments

• $wade butcher chopper 016.jpg
    $wade butcher chopper 016.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 293
  • $wade butcher chopper 023.jpg
    $wade butcher chopper 023.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 290
  • $wade butcher chopper 027.jpg
    $wade butcher chopper 027.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 292
  • $wade butcher chopper 020.jpg
    $wade butcher chopper 020.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 291
Nice pick up! Out of curiosity, when does a blade stop being a regular blade, and start being a "chopper?" Thanks!

-Matt-

I'm not sure if there are any hard and fast rules for defining a "chopper", but to me it means a blade that is wider than the norm. This thing looks huge in person.

Yours, Jim

I'm afraid I won't be shaving with this one, I'm going to use it to help fund my collection of devil/demon razors.

JimB

Nice score. I have one just like that and she cleaned up great. Very nice razors which I'm sure you already know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom