What's new

Acquisitions for September 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
$DSC02948.jpg

I'm telling myself this will be the last purchase of the month... I just couldn't pass up 20% off!

Just found and old Shick DE here in Hue as well but left it, didn't even ask how much . They seem to be on the bottom shelf of the little shops that have war "memorabilia"......

I got this TTO today for $5. It looked pretty tarnished and still held an old blade when I got it. The date code reads C 2. According to mantic59's blog it's probably a 1957 flare tip super speed. Here is a bad phone photo that doesn't show how nice the handle turned out. The rotation gets bigger.
proxy.php

I didn't take any pics in the condition I got it. :sad:

I FINALLY GOT MY COTI! :001_tt1: yes i am excited. :drool: no that was not an overstatement. I have to post some pics to show you. I couldnt be happier! Here she is in all her spotted glory leaning against my escher. I was told by Harvitz81 that it was a Dressante. I have been looking forward to this day for MONTHS! Thank you Harvitz81 for selling me this b-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l stone! (Thank you Gamma for connecting me with Harvitz81!) Here she is with the rest of the collection. :w00t:

Attachments

• $IMG_0018.JPG
    $IMG_0018.JPG
    116.8 KB · Views: 416
  • $IMG_0019.JPG
    $IMG_0019.JPG
    106.9 KB · Views: 415
  • $IMG_0002.JPG
    $IMG_0002.JPG
    134.2 KB · Views: 417
  • $IMG_0001.JPG
    $IMG_0001.JPG
    150.1 KB · Views: 418
I FINALLY GOT MY COTI! :001_tt1: yes i am excited. :drool: no that was not an overstatement. I have to post some pics to show you. I couldnt be happier! Here she is in all her spotted glory leaning against my escher. I was told by Harvitz81 that it was a Dressante. I have been looking forward to this day for MONTHS! Thank you Harvitz81 for selling me this b-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l stone! (Thank you Gamma for connecting me with Harvitz81!) Here she is with the rest of the collection. :w00t:

Congrats on the coti, its a very distinctive stone. I'm sure you will love it.

What is that BIG razor on the right of the coti and thuri? That has to be at least 8/8 right? I have a big soft spot for big old Sheffields.

Thank you! Yes, Its a Wade and Butcher 8/8+. (1&1/16"). It is going to be restored in time. The other 'biggie' is a 7/8+ F. Herder Abr. Sohn Soligen. :001_smile All the razors need a little love.

Some friends just bought me a bottle of Hugo by Hugo Boss, oddly enough, for my birthday. Not a fragrance I would necessarily chosen but it's actually not bad.

My Semogue 610 arrived this morning. As did a George Butler straight razor that needs a bit of TLC.

Attachments

• $Photo1242.jpg
    $Photo1242.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 376
  • $Photo1241.jpg
    $Photo1241.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 374
A NOS Henkotsu off of ebay and another Sta-Sharp in what looks to be pretty good shape (I can't seem to say no to these when they pop up)

Attachments

• $Henkotsu.jpg
    $Henkotsu.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 355
  • $Sta 3.jpg
    $Sta 3.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 352
A NOS Henkotsu off of ebay and another Sta-Sharp in what looks to be pretty good shape (I can't seem to say no to these when they pop up)

That Henkotsu looks amazing David, I can't wait to try a kamisori myself, how much did it set you back if you don't mind me asking?

Edit: I found the listing, nice score!

Last edited:
i am looking forward to posting on this thread. i have a decent lot that i have pulled i am waiting to see if i buy more this month before i post here that way the pile looks even better lol

Got some Ebay from Canada: a fat Tech, Aristocrat Junior and a Rocket. Also a gold handled Schick arrived (but not from Canada).
$IMG_0072.jpg
$IMG_0076.jpg
The razors cleaned up nice. Not sure what I'm gonna do with the brushes. There's not much left of the finish on them.

I'm very pleased with these purchases.

About a week ago, I bid on a very reasonably priced Muhle Stylo Butterscotch razor. It's a mild DE razor, but I just love the look and feel of the handle on this beauty. It provides an excellent shave.

proxy.php

Next up, in my quest for the perfect travel brush, I decided to give the Truefitt & Hill silvertip turnback a try. These are commonly found on websites for $110. A few had it for $69. As luck would have it, the T&F site itself was selling it for $69, and some wonderful soul here at B&B had posted a 15% off code, so I had to do it.

proxy.php

It's a BEAUTIFUL brush, and quite large, especially when reversed in the handle.

proxy.php

And finally, surprise of surprises, the fine folks at T&F included a bag, one made of soft material, not a plastic bag, filled with samples of their products. The included individual samples of shaving cream, AS balm, and pre-shave oil in the following scents: Sandalwood, 1805, Grafton, Lavender, Almond, Ultimate Comfort, and West Indian Limes.

proxy.php

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom