What's new

Your help needed for information on English Razor manufacturers (V2)

Hi Guys,

Further to my initial post seeking any information about the various English Razor Makers - I've been asked by the B&B mods to encourage submission of any information in this post itself rather than offline.

Also, I have been requested that if I obtain enough information, to compile it as a Wiki Post on this forum, which of course I'll be more than happy to do.

So again any information however trivial, greatly appreciated but please post on this thread.

Best wishes

Dave

Not sure if this is the kind of information you're looking for, but here is a British made Star I received. It's different from other Stars I've seen in that it has STAR etched into the cap.
proxy.php

Yes indeed!

This is exactly the sort of information, thanks a lot.

your Star looks to be very similar to Persona razors of this type - is the handle made from Aluminium. the Persona one is?

Best Wishes

Dave

information about the various English Razor Makers

I have a Souplex that I'll post some pictures of as soon as I get to town and buy some batteries for my camera. It's a open comb similar to an old type Gillette. I can't remember where I saw it, but I remember seeing the company listed in a 30's british trade show flyer as a maker of razor blades, and in a post war flyer as a maker of razors, blades and plastics.

Thanks for the images and the information.

I think the 'Big Ben' razor was made by the same company as the razor and bakelite case are identical to the Souplex

Best wishes

Dave

Okay, I scrounged some batteries and here's some photo's of my Souplex...

Top Bottom