What's new

Review: Gillette English Flat Bottom Tech

lasta

Blade Biter
Can one of you post a side-ways view of your English Tech like this?

I suspect there are variations even in the English factory! A lot of people say the EFB is more blade forward than American Techs, I feel mine is about the same. Both Guido's and Rosseforp's safety bar is flat, whereas mine has a deep groove over the side.

Gillette logo is below the center hole rather than above.

Can one of you post a side-ways view of your English Tech like this?

I suspect there are variations even in the English factory! A lot of people say the EFB is more blade forward than American Techs, I feel mine is about the same. Both Guido's and Rosseforp's safety bar is flat, whereas mine has a deep groove over the side.

Gillette logo is below the center hole rather than above.
Sure - will do tonight. Just tried it with my iPhone, but that gave crappy results. So will use a DSLR later today. I will do both the Tech and the NEW.

So here are the pictures for the NEW and Tech - hope this is what you were aiming for @lasta.

IMG_5094.JPG

IMG_5096.JPG

lasta

Blade Biter
@lasta, where does this leave us by the way? I searched some around the web and found straight down ones only. Would yours be a special model then? Or a precursor to a later design / model?

I am at least curious.

Guido
Inconclusive, curiosity piqued, satisfaction denied, haha.

Doesn't leave us anywhere, only that there are more Techs than documentations about them!

Yours look like the bonafide English Flat Bottom. Be content in that your Tech is the one that is universally accepted as the best ever!

Mine? Just a 1940's war era issue that has spent more time in POW camps than allied field kitchens. They probably cut the grooves to save brass.

proxy.php

Inconclusive, curiosity piqued, satisfaction denied, haha.

Doesn't leave us anywhere, only that there are more Techs than documentations about them!

Yours look like the bonafide English Flat Bottom. Be content in that your Tech is the one that is universally accepted as the best ever!

Mine? Just a 1940's war era issue that has spent more time in POW camps than allied field kitchens.

proxy.php
O I definitely am! Also considering how I got it. But don’t cut yourself short, because that handle of yours is not that common on Techs - at least not the ones I have seen.

And yes, wouldn’t it be great if some P&G employee found the ultimate Tech catalogue somewhere in their archives and list it here.

Guido

Top Bottom