What's new

Your favorite finisher?

right now........this week/month id say i prefer Jnat finishes with the stone i have..

still have progression laid out thatd I'd use with the other stones I have.

camo

I've tried coticules, surgical blacks and JNATs and each time I end up coming back to the coticule for its edges. The only thing a coticule edge left to be desired was sharpness, but with my les lat hybrid, the hybrid side takes care of that by giving me ark-like sharpness but with the typical coticule edge traits.

I've tried coticules, surgical blacks and JNATs and each time I end up coming back to the coticule for its edges. The only thing a coticule edge left to be desired was sharpness, but with my les lat hybrid, the hybrid side takes care of that by giving me ark-like sharpness but with the typical coticule edge traits.

Even after more stones I find myself going to the coticule most times. Ether the LPB or the Veinette being the top two. If I had to live with just one it would be the LPB.

Legion

Staff member
Even after more stones I find myself going to the coticule most times. Ether the LPB or the Veinette being the top two. If I had to live with just one it would be the LPB.
I love my LPB as a workhorse stone, but I almost never use it as a finisher. I have, and it can be done, but I have lots of stones that will finish with less effort.

Reactions: Wid
So far it's my Black Arkansas stone. It tames any rougher edges that I have and once I have the previous work solid, it just adds a nice finishing touch to the edge. I'm sure I can switch the Black with Translucent and be fine but I've focused on the Black for this year.

Reactions: Wid
I love my LPB as a workhorse stone, but I almost never use it as a finisher. I have, and it can be done, but I have lots of stones that will finish with less effort.

Agreed. I was thinking if I had only one stone for razors the LPB would be my best at all stages of razor honing. I have an old ancient coti that I use oil on that is a better at being a pure finisher.

Do you like shobudani or Ozuku stones ?

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk
Oozuku or Shobudani....
Those are not types of stone, they are quarries/mines.
Each of those two locations produced tons of stone over hundreds of years in varying degrees of hardness and quality. There are good and not so good stones from either location. Some of those stones will be good for one thing but not another.
It's entirely possible to have stones from both locations that are identical in all regards, or so totally different that it is literally a night/day comparison.

2 yrs SR shaving
Choice cut blk surgical
Vintage coti
Les lat
WoA
La lune
LPB superstone, sureal coti
TOS
3 jnats,
Blk Molted escher
I posted this type thread , whats your fav edge long time ago
18 m in i tend to use explore all of them, sometimes in combination ,,,
Instead of fav loving each ones im lucky to own such rare to me stones

2 yrs SR shaving
Choice cut blk surgical
Vintage coti
Les lat
WoA
La lune
LPB superstone, sureal coti
TOS
3 jnats,
Blk Molted escher
I posted this type thread , whats your fav edge long time ago
18 m in i tend to use explore all of them, sometimes in combination ,,,
Instead of fav loving each ones im lucky to own such rare to me stones
This thread was started almost 10 years ago :)

Top Bottom