What's new

Your favorite between Merkur 34C or Merkur 38C?

Having tried both the Merkur 34C and the 38C, which do you prefer?

• Merkur 34C

• Merkur 38C

Results are only viewable after voting.
I have both, but haven't decided yet. I just got the 34C HD last week and have only used it twice. Then, my Red Tip arrived. Today, my no date code SS arrived. I probably won't have an answer to this question for a while.

The first shave with the 34C was wonderful. The second, not so nice, but most likely due to my technique. I used the 38C for my Valentine's Day shave.
It was wonderful, but I didn't shave the day before, which made it better.

I'll do the 38C and 34C on consecutive days and submit my answer, if the poll is still open.

Yeah. Sort like Coke versus Pepsi? Or maybe more like a 12oz Pepsi vs 16oz Pepsi? When I was thirsty I got the 16oz size. It was quite satisfying so I did not go back and get the 12oz. Later on, when I got thirsty again, I wanted to try the 16oz Sprite instead of trying another Pepsi....and so on. :smile:

No doubt the weight and feel make a difference between 34c & 38c, but I have not pursued that dimension yet, instead going for open comb, slant, and other varieties.

What have you used before? What have you liked about those DE's? I've got a 39C and love it, but I haven't used the non-slant versions yet. Because of this I am not qualified to answer your question directly.

IMHO, the 39C (and by extension the 38C) has a more substantial handle feel than the other DE's I've used (pretty much just a Slim Adjustable). I like it, but you may not.

I have both, but haven't decided yet. I just got the 34C HD last week and have only used it twice. Then, my Red Tip arrived. Today, my no date code SS arrived. I probably won't have an answer to this question for a while.

The first shave with the 34C was wonderful. The second, not so nice, but most likely due to my technique. I used the 38C for my Valentine's Day shave.
It was wonderful, but I didn't shave the day before, which made it better.

I'll do the 38C and 34C on consecutive days and submit my answer, if the poll is still open.

I used my 38C yesterday and 34C today. They were both wonderful. I can't really say that one shaved better than the other. If I had to, I'd lean toward the 38C only because it was the first DE I bought and I like the longer handle.

If you're trying to decide between these, why not get both and rotate. They are not that expensive and they do come up periodically on the BST.

Since it's a tie, I won't be voting in the poll. Maybe this third option can be added?

Top Bottom