What's new

YOUR 1st one hundred blade purchase...

My first purchase was a carton of 100 Derby's - by far not my favorite choice of blades now, but a good learner. Glad that I didn't find the positive reviews on the Feathers until I had better skills.

Personna Lab Blue from Amazon that arrived today. At $11, I couldn't pass it up.

proxy.php

Latest (and first) was Personna Lab Blues. I've been at DE shaving for 90 days now. Early on I had success with the lab blues. Lately I've noticed I get a nick with a fresh blade almost every time. Otherwise they perform well. I recently tried Perma-Sharp. They will be the next 100 I buy.

My first 100-blade purchase was Derby. Unlike some people, I actually like Derbys. I get one okay shave followed by 3 really good shaves from a Derby. For me, the 2nd shave on a Derby is about as good as a shave gets, not counting a GSB.

My 1st was ladas and I love them. 2nd is voskhod and they are very smooth (first blade went dull fast and second didnt as fast)

edit: fast means second, third and so on was worse than first shave. Second blade is good after 2 shaves, I dont know what is going on here.

Last edited:
My first was Astra SP. Others that followed were Gillette Silver Blue, more Astras, 84 G7OC, and Voskhod.

I just ordered 100 Rapira Platinum Lux blades for $8.58 shipped! The shipping was 2 cents more than the blades!

My first 100 blades purchase was Czech made Gillette 7 O clock Super Platinum as I found some NOS at some shop. Actually those were 200. After that BAD bit me and I bought a lot of different varieties of 100 blades.

Astra SPs because I saw them on amazon when I was buying my Merkur 34C back in December. They are still currently my favorite blade which is funny since I bought them blind 😅

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Feather blades from Amazon. My most recent purchase was 200 Feather blades from Amazon.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom