What's new

YOUR 1st one hundred blade purchase...

My first 100 were Astra SPs. My second were Derby Premium. I actually like the Derby Premiums, they aren't a bad blade. I've used much worse (Merkur for instance, awful, and Wilkinson Sword you can by locally do not work for me.)

Here’s a question: how many of you have used up your entire first pack of a hundred? How many have moved on to another brand before finishing?

As a relatively new DE shaver, I’m just curious...

Here’s a question: how many of you have used up your entire first pack of a hundred? How many have moved on to another brand before finishing?

My 1st 100 /pk was of Shark Super Stainless blades and went through about 30 or so and received some Shark Super Chrome blades in a BST buy with something else and liked the feel of those better and traded the SS for SC's with someone else down the road. I also traded some Polsilver's for SC's also so I am pretty much covered for some time to come as I only shave every other day and get 7 shaves per blade!!

I still use blades from the first 100 Astra SP but have bought over a thousand other blades. I usually use blades from tucks I buy to fill out orders to get free shipping. They are blades like rapira platinum, 7'oclock greens, blacks, Crown SS, etc...

Fred D

Member of The Illiterati
My first 100 were Astra SP's, but they did not agree with my face so I gave them to a friend that likes them very much.

My first 2 100 packs of blades I bought were Derby Extra and Big Ben. I bought them at the same time on Amazon back in September of 2016; thinking they worked well for me after trying a sampler. I still enjoy Big Ben blades every now and then, but Derbys I realize were no good for me.

First hundred was Astra Green. Haven’t used them, hate them. Never bought a 100 pack thereafter. Only smalls packs of 30-50, so when I don’t like new blades, the waste is not as high. But years later and many blades tested, I stick to Feather and Polsilver as they work best for me...

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

My first 100 blades were derbys i think, they came with some soap that was pretty decent.

Hated the blades though, i stuck to using supermarket brand personnas and binned the derbys.

My first was Personna lab blues. Good blade. I however have since bought probably 1700 blades of all kinds and feathers are my #1 blade.

My first was Personna Lab. Then I got another 100 for Christmas several years ago. Then I bought 100 Personna Med Prep blades. Then I received 100 SuperMax Titanium blades for Christmas a few years back. I still have tons of all varieties left.

Gillette Platinum around three years ago. I use other blades now aswell but the Platinum is still one of the most used blades in my arsenal.

Top Bottom