What's new

You know you are & love Goaltending when....

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
With the NHL 'lock-out' looming this season, I thought a little humor is 'just the ticket'.
proxy.php

You know you are Goaltender & love it when.......;

1. Your wife won't send you to the store anymore, because you keep bringing home the wrong kind and size of pads.

2. When buying a new suit, you ask if it's available in a 'goalie cut' version.

3. You are 'real' jealous you're children are named Terry (Sawchuck), Patrick (Roy), Eddie (Giacomin) or Martin (Brodeur).

4. The only word not allowed to be said in the house is 'breakaway'.

5. When your garage door opener broke and your family took turns ( 3 regulations periods) spending twenty (20) minutes in 'full goalie gear' in front of the open garage protecting
your 'stuff'.

6. If anyone asks, you were born in Quebec.

7. The highlight of the annual Christmas Card comparasion is a description of the new mask designs you're working on.

8. You expect your kids to maintain a 91% 'goals against average' in school.

9. You tell your children they're going to get 'pulled' if they don't.......(behave, 'do right', ect...).

10. Your lotto numbers are 1, 20, 30, 31, 33 and 39.

proxy.php
"To Guard and Protect (my goal is to deny yours),…for only God saves more than Goaltenders". CBJ

Last edited:

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
:biggrin1:

In baseball, they call the catcher's equipment "the tools of ignorance". Do they have a similar saying for goaltender's gear?

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
:biggrin1:

In baseball, they call the catcher's equipment "the tools of ignorance". Do they have a similar saying for goaltender's gear?
Ouch:
I haven't heard or used any 'nicknames' for our equipment other than "our gear". :thumbsup:

proxy.php
"To Guard and Protect (my goal is to deny yours),…for only God saves more than Goaltenders". CBJ

Last edited:

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Ouch:
Yeah...I have to 'give-it-up' to Sawchuck and his other brothern (i.e., Giacomin, Hall, Vachon, Cheevers, Plante, Worsley, Crozier, and Johnston [all of whom later switched to Masks thanx to Plante], and so many others),...'between the pipes' back then in the 'no mask' days. Man they were courageous and brave. :thumbsup:

proxy.php

Last edited:
Top Bottom