What's new

Yaqi Sentinel

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
DE SOTD, Saturday, May 11th 2024

Razor : Yaqi Sentinel SSP head with a Yaqi tear drop 316 SSP handle. Mfg 2022>, mild to tame mid range depending on blade and technique used. Excellent machining and finish QC. A person can accomplish some very nice shaves with out cuts or irritation with a shallow angle(riding the cap) I have found, steep angle shaving works with a Kai SS extra wide blade reasonably well also.
Had a nice close comfortable shave this morning.
Blade : GSB (2) Sharp and smoooth with reasonable longevity. Top tier in my shave den.
Soap : Yaqi "The Green", a very nice natural scent that is addictive to want to use for myself + excellent lather qualities and post shave feel. Master soap creations of S.A where commissioned to create soap and fragrances for the Yaqi brand.
Brush : Yaqi "Viper" 24mm boar bristle. Excellent lather generator, soft split end bristle hair ends, nice splay scrubber + great lather painter. Very nice eye appealing handle with a decent boar knot for my shaving needs IMO.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Yaqi "The Green" splash with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results : Dial 9.5.jpg or CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: Had a close comfortable shave this morning with my Yaqi Sentinel razor with a GSB blade.
SOTD May 11 2024.jpg

Have some great shaves!

DE SOTD, Saturday, May 11th 2024

Razor : Yaqi Sentinel SSP head with a Yaqi tear drop 316 SSP handle. Mfg 2022>, mild to tame mid range depending on blade and technique used. Excellent machining and finish QC. A person can accomplish some very nice shaves with out cuts or irritation with a shallow angle(riding the cap) I have found, steep angle shaving works with a Kai SS extra wide blade reasonably well also.
Had a nice close comfortable shave this morning.
Blade : GSB (2) Sharp and smoooth with reasonable longevity. Top tier in my shave den.
Soap : Yaqi "The Green", a very nice natural scent that is addictive to want to use for myself + excellent lather qualities and post shave feel. Master soap creations of S.A where commissioned to create soap and fragrances for the Yaqi brand.
Brush : Yaqi "Viper" 24mm boar bristle. Excellent lather generator, soft split end bristle hair ends, nice splay scrubber + great lather painter. Very nice eye appealing handle with a decent boar knot for my shaving needs IMO.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Yaqi "The Green" splash with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results : View attachment 1844488 or CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: Had a close comfortable shave this morning with my Yaqi Sentinel razor with a GSB blade.
View attachment 1844489
Have some great shaves!
Ron, Appreciation for that detailed breakdown always, love it. The Teardrop handle looks nice and I'm a fan of the Yaqi Green which is a Lacoste homage. Every time I use the splash, my folks will ask what's that amazing scent, ha ha ha. Those samples are gold value. I'm sure you have the Yaqi Velvet Rose, that splash is my top fav, a homage to the Jo Malone. Unlike the Green which is soothing, the Velvet Rose leaves your face warm.

Last edited:

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Ron, Appreciation for that detailed breakdown always, love it. The Teardrop handle looks nice and I'm a fan of the Yaqi Green which is a Lacoste homage. Every time I use the splash, my folks will ask what's that amazing scent, ha ha ha. Those samples are gold value. I'm sure you have the Yaqi Velvet Rose, that splash is my top fav, a homage to the Jo Malone. Unlike the Green which is soothing, the Velvet Rose leaves your face warm.
We seem to conclude similarly on the Yaqi products. As for certain Yaqi products in the soap and fragrance realm I have really enjoyed them a lot. Musketeer Rapier is one of my favorites and beware it is addictive also once used have been my thoughts.
As for Yaqi soaps and fragrances it is hard to get them in Canada at the moment, in the past no problem but in the last year it seems Yaqi do not offer much at all and it is old products that where available prior, Government standards possibly or customs problems I'm thinking.
Master soap creations of S.A have done a nice job for Yaqi for quality products IMO, I did not care for their Sandalwood because it does not have herbal ingredients like TOBS or CRS which are excellent in their own rights.

We seem to conclude similarly on the Yaqi products. As for certain Yaqi products in the soap and fragrance realm I have really enjoyed them a lot. Musketeer Rapier is one of my favorites and beware it is addictive also once used have been my thoughts.
As for Yaqi soaps and fragrances it is hard to get them in Canada at the moment, in the past no problem but in the last year it seems Yaqi do not offer much at all and it is old products that where available prior, Government standards possibly or customs problems I'm thinking.
Master soap creations of S.A have done a nice job for Yaqi for quality products IMO, I did not care for their Sandalwood because it does not have herbal ingredients like TOBS or CRS which are excellent in their own rights.
Totally agree, the master Soap Creations (SA) quality shines in the Yaqi Shaving Soaps and After Shave Splashes. I've used Miyaqi, Bettie Bets and Lost Treasure too, love them all. Will definitely try out Musketeer Rapier. Sad to hear that the available Yaqi software has reduced in Canada, they really are VFM.

I didn't like the Yaqi Sandalwood either, but have used the TOBS version before which was good. We don't get CRS here but I still have half a tub of the D R Harris Sandalwood, that's quite nice as well.

Recently thanks to @m949 I picked up two Smoking Monster tubs on offer and am awaiting their arrival. Apparently those rock too and are great value.

Top Bottom