What's new

Safety Razor Handle (Gillette Red Tip Replica)

Hey fellas! Found this safety razor in AliExpress. Looks like the handle is a replica of the red tip. Looks pretty good! Tried to search a way to just get the handle but nothing is coming up. I might just get the whole razor just for the handle. Honestly the head looks like the Razorock BBS. Anyone have experience with it and any thoughts? If anyone is interested in helping me find just the handle for purchase please post a link it would be greatly appreciated! I'm sure many others would be interested in getting it as well.
Screenshot_20230923_092926_Gallery.jpg

On a side note I've always been partial for the "heavy" version design of the red tip handle. Anyone know if someone has made a replica of the handle anywhere? Please link if there's anyone selling it. I'll post below a picture of the handle. It's slightly different but I ultimately like this design the most. It's the one that says "D4 U.S" and the one on Ali Express looks to be replicating the "B4 U.S". Thanks!

223a9eb44804e0a9d3400c03867994a0.jpg

(UPDATE) FOUND THE HANDLE

Last edited:
This is a rare case where I would suggest that buying a handle of unknown properties from an unknown seller with unknown QA processes made in an unknown part of China is probably a better deal.
I mean honestly so much stuff that says American made these days I am doubtful. I mean look at Razorocks razors. Ive seen a few of their models on this sight and sure yeah they can be replicas or Razorock just gets their cheap Chinese stuff and sells it at a profit. The consumer really just has to trust the seller and take them at their word.

Dave himself

Wee Words of Wisdom
I've had the razor for a while now. I got this handle as replacement for the one I originally got with the razor. For me this handle is a perfect weight and length on my R41 Zamac head and Pearl hammer brass head with the tip removed. For me the other handle is to long and way to heavy. Not much use for shaving, but if your remodeling your house and knocking down a few interior walls it would be the perfect tool for the job

Iridian

Cool and slimy
I indeed bought that razor, it cost about 1 EUR more with the head on a sale.

HANDLE: superb, would buy again. It's a red tip in steel, I jokingly called it steel tip, that's what it is, after all. Excellent handle, very grippy and well made.

HEAD: I think it is a Mamba .53 clone. It is so ridiculously mild that it barely shaves at all. I think there are only very few people who would ever enjoy such an overly mild and inefficient razor head.

Shipping was fast and happened within few hours after my order, some 8-9 days only, even faster then Yaqi and DSCosmetic. To Europe. The new silk road is real.

Last edited:

Iridian

Cool and slimy
It's that the one you can find in Ali or from PAA?
AliExpress from Yintal.

You said you have with the head that I showed is it negative exposure?
I didn't comment on any of your statements but described the head that came with the handle.
As I said, it seems to be a Mamba clone. It seems to have neutral exposure, of it is slightly below or above the stuffing pane, no idea, would have to take a closer look.

I hope that helps! Again, I definitely recommend the handle, the head is off a type that absolutely doesn't do it for me, for mild razor comparisons it is better to ask someone else.

I need a few cuz I have a few heads without handles. My favorite handle is the Gillette fat handle. Ever seen any replicas of that handle?

Tech fat handle, bar handle, ball handle.

Machined stainless steel. Not Chinese. Not 12 bucks.

Razorock also sells a "vintage thin bar" and "vintage thick bar" that resemble the handles on the New short and long comb razors

Find a real red tip that is in poor shape and ask Backroadsgold to make a hybrid handle? (See if it’s even possible first or if he has the parts in stock already).

Ive seen that he’s done similar already so why not?

Top Bottom