What's new

Yaqi straight bar razor head in SS. New model ?

Yaqi straight bar razor head in polished stainless stell.

Anyone heard about it ?

Looks like another version of Yaqi Telstar, altought not identical, and then polished.

INFO:
Color: raw color with polish treatment
Length:43mm
Width: 24mm
Weight: 31g
LOGO:With
Gap: 1.05mm
Blade exposure: +0.05mm

LINK

And the dual comb version:

LINK

Last edited:
Yaqi released those fairly recently, they realeased the dual comb first in 1.05 a few months ago. I picked up the dual on one of their sales. These are the closer copies to the Lupo, the telestars are not as close of a copy. The new ones are only missing the scallops of the Lupo and the number of rinse ports. 2 large ports on the Yaqi, RR has 4 on the Lupo.
The Lupo 95 is on the left, Yaqi DC 1.05, and RR OC 95 on the right.
I also have the Telestar zamak which I like, shave is way different than a Lupo. Yaqi 1.05 is smooth on the SB side, it has less blade feel than the Lupo 95 but I'm not sure if it's as efficient and gives me irritation on the neck in the few shaves I've done with it. I prefer the SB on the Lupo, but need to use the OC more.

Attachments

• 9463.jpg
    9463.jpg
    637.3 KB · Views: 195
  • 20220807_134745.jpg
    20220807_134745.jpg
    690.6 KB · Views: 204

Iridian

Cool and slimy
This looks like a slightly modified DSCosmetics S9 head to me, which is a clone of the GameChanger .84 SB. And yeah, the gap is slightly larger, 0.9.
And for this one listed as 1.05... erm. No idea what they did there. Maybe just increased the gap.
Edit 2: Now I mixed both up, sorry. The one might be a Lupo clone and the .9 seems to be the S9.

This clone might be slightly better than the real one, since the safety bar seems to be smooth on the clone while the real one has a deep cut pattern, which I find uncomfortable.

Iridian

Cool and slimy
They also released some new polished stainless steel handles to match.
Both have 12mm diameter listed, nothing more for the "Milano". The other one without name but model number RASS2218 in the specifications 12mm as well, 91mm length and 71g weight.

Now they seem even more polished than the DSCosmetic handles. They are pretty for sure, but I am not a fan of even knurled parts of the handle being slippery. These two are very nice to look at, but I dare to speculate they are shiny and slip like a soap.

Edit: No kidding, a few minutes later the name BULLET (sic, capital letters) appeared on the page. My paranoia got triggered, lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: edw
Thanks for the heads up wrt Yaqi's Lupo 1.05 clone. Looking forward to reading your reviews...

Besides, are there any rumors floating around regarding a Razorock Lupo 1.05 (or other gap)?

Following here...

lasta

Blade Biter
Thanks for the heads up wrt Yaqi's Lupo 1.05 clone. Looking forward to reading your reviews...

Besides, are there any rumors floating around regarding a Razorock Lupo 1.05 (or other gap)?

Following here...
It looks like a Lupo but is actually a scalloped Game Changer.

Following here...

Lupo 1.05 would be intended for shaving or head and neck surgery ?

lasta

Blade Biter
What makes you think that?

Cosmetically based on the Lupo, but gap/exposure of the GC. The safety bar is identical to a scalloped GC.
Screenshot_20220831-233654.jpgScreenshot_20220831-233722.jpg
DS is also making something similar. I wouldn't be surprised if they are coming out of the same factory haha.
Screenshot_20220831-223425.jpg

@Pineapple any updates on your shaving experience with the sb105 compared to the Lupo. 95?

You seemed to favour the Lupo sb after your first shaves because of it's extra efficiency. Is this your final conclusion? And have you had a chance to compare the oc side?

Thanks!

@Pineapple any updates on your shaving experience with the sb105 compared to the Lupo. 95?

You seemed to favour the Lupo sb after your first shaves because of it's extra efficiency. Is this your final conclusion? And have you had a chance to compare the oc side?

Thanks!
I think they are both great shaving. The edge might go slightly to the DC 1.05 for efficiency. I typically will reach for the Lupo 95 first though.
RR doesn't list the exposure for the 95, but @Ron R may have it, I thought I saw him post an image previously.
The DC 1.05 plate is just a hair thicker with no scallops on the safety bar and the comb not quite as pointy, so it may feel smoother. It has a larger gap and @Iridian mentions it has more exposure than the lupo, he should be able to weight in on this also.

Top Bottom