What's new

World's Finest Razor

Woke up to a pleasant surprise in my email today from Fine Accoutrements:

The email reads:

"The World's Finest Razor is Almost Ready
And I couldn't wait to tell everyone.
The 316 stainless steel razor you’ve been waiting for is coming soon from Mr. Fine.
The World's Finest Razor will be available later this month.

Watch this space as we get closer to the launch date. And stay tuned to email – it's the first place that we announce our new offerings, often even before the website.

Happy shaving,
Todd Cerami
a.k.a. "Mr. Fine"
Founder & CEO"

Email shows this photo as a teaser:

1593710979380.png

I had emailed Fine not that long ago to praise their soaps and I mentioned my desire for a 316 stainless razor. I pointed out how with most products on the market today there is almost always something not quite right, and even if they are right then they are way too expensive, and I told Todd that if Fine creates a high quality stainless steel razor that I would most likely buy it. At the time he told me he has one in the works already, but in the meantime he recommended I get a Gillette New Long Comb razor (I haven't yet). This email today certainly looks promising, it looks like he is moving forward with it.

I'm excited! From the little I can see, it looks really great to me, it looks like what I've been waiting for. Unless it's a total flop (which I highly doubt), then I plan to buy this when it's available

I just noticed there is a page on Fine's website already for this new razor:

Here is another photo:

1593713007384.png

Quite a nice looking piece of equipment !!

It says this razor is a "modern take on Mr. Fine's favorite vintage razor of all time - The NEW Gillette (long comb) Razor "

Price is listed at $165 -- not cheap, that's for sure!

Also says the following:
  • Three Piece Slant Razor
  • CNC Machined Aluminum Construction
  • Weight: 1.1 oz (32 g)
  • Height: 3 3/16" (80 mm)
It does not indicate where the razor is manufactured. Weight seems very low for 316 stainless steel, 1.1 oz sounds like aluminum. Also, I am wondering how it can be CNC Machined Aluminum construction and also be 316 Stainless Steel? Does anyone know if that is possible?

I just noticed there is a page on Fine's website already for this new razor:

Here is another photo:

View attachment 1120745

Quite a nice looking piece of equipment !!

It says this razor is a "modern take on Mr. Fine's favorite vintage razor of all time - The NEW Gillette (long comb) Razor "

Price is listed at $165 -- not cheap, that's for sure!

Also says the following:
  • Three Piece Slant Razor
  • CNC Machined Aluminum Construction
  • Weight: 1.1 oz (32 g)
  • Height: 3 3/16" (80 mm)
It does not indicate where the razor is manufactured. Weight seems very low for 316 stainless steel, 1.1 oz sounds like aluminum. Also, I am wondering how it can be CNC Machined Aluminum construction and also be 316 Stainless Steel? Does anyone know if that is possible?
Most razors similar to that weight are aluminum. Stainless razors of that size usually run 3 to 4 ounces. It may be that Fine is offering a choice of either aluminum or stainless steel with different prices. That web page is just a placeholder for now.

Looks sort of like a long comb new except the the bullets. The LC New does not have them.
To me the bullets look cool but are kinda worrisome. In my experience, razors with the bullets are often finicky with regard to blade alignment. Time will tell whether this razor will join the list of razors with finicky or troublesome blade alignment.

I think the programmer just copied the page for the Fine Slant and modified it for the stainless steel razor. They neglected to remove the information detailing the material and weight of the Aluminum Slant

eric

more info on website for the stainless steel razor

• Length 3.35" / 85 mm
  • Weight 3.39 oz. / 96 g
  • Made in China
  • Blades Not Included

more info on website for the stainless steel razor

• Length 3.35" / 85 mm
  • Weight 3.39 oz. / 96 g
  • Made in China
  • Blades Not Included

Yes, i see that too now. The original info was likely a mistake. Also, on the Razor product list page, it has it priced at "$25.00 - $100.00" presumably based on the razor options. Even at the high end, that would be quite a bit less than the $165 shown on the item page. I'm not crazy about "Made in China" for what otherwise appears to be a well thought out razor.

It's a nice looking face scraper. Looking forward to the reviews. I hope they can keep the price reasonable. I'm too cheap to drop $165.

I’d be in for $65, but out for $165. There’s no way on earth I’d ever pay that kind of markup when I can get excellent razors for far less. Besides, I’ve already got a NEW LC and it’s not even in my top 5 rotation.

Top Bottom