What's new

World's Finest Razor

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
It's pretty enough. I'm cheap, and a nice gent here gave me a close to hundred year old NEW Long Comb, so I have no need to buy one. But if they come in at around 100 bucks, they'll be sold out in a half hour.

Then if they are only the second greatest razor in the world you can count on another production run that will go for $150 and then sell out....

People like us are born every minute! It keeps the economy going!

The link no longer works. The website says the page is missing.
I wonder why that would be? Maybe they want to include a couple more pics and correct the price?

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
I think this looks really nice and the price is reasonable to me! Though there's no way this razor would be $500 even if made here. But, hey, that's marketing!

It will be interesting to see how it gets rolled out. Limiting the first run to 100 razors should drive the appropriate hysteria. ;)

Personally, my next razor will be the Tradere. ;)

Just got another e-mail from Fine Accoutrements. The World's Finest Razor is priced at $165 USD.

That's the same price that was listed on the old link mentioned in an earlier post. Well, that link is now live again at World's Finest Razor.

Interestingly, you can buy it as separate parts. For example, if you just wanted the baseplate, it costs $100. The cap by itself is $40. And the handle by itself is $25.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Just got another e-mail from Fine Accoutrements. The World's Finest Razor is priced at $165 USD.

That's the same price that was listed on the old link mentioned in an earlier post. Well, that link is now live again at World's Finest Razor.

Interestingly, you can buy it as separate parts. For example, if you just wanted the baseplate, it costs $100. The cap by itself is $40. And the handle by itself is $25.
Lol! Kinda like buying it in installments!

After reading everyone's posts, I'm sad to say I probably won't buy this razor for $165. The China issue is big, and also why shouldn't I just get an original Gillette new long comb? It probably works better.

Fine made a mistake going down the China route here.

Woke up to a pleasant surprise in my email today from Fine Accoutrements:

The email reads:

"The World's Finest Razor is Almost Ready
And I couldn't wait to tell everyone.
The 316 stainless steel razor you’ve been waiting for is coming soon from Mr. Fine.
The World's Finest Razor will be available later this month.

Watch this space as we get closer to the launch date. And stay tuned to email – it's the first place that we announce our new offerings, often even before the website.

Happy shaving,
Todd Cerami
a.k.a. "Mr. Fine"
Founder & CEO"

Email shows this photo as a teaser:

View attachment 1120715

I had emailed Fine not that long ago to praise their soaps and I mentioned my desire for a 316 stainless razor. I pointed out how with most products on the market today there is almost always something not quite right, and even if they are right then they are way too expensive, and I told Todd that if Fine creates a high quality stainless steel razor that I would most likely buy it. At the time he told me he has one in the works already, but in the meantime he recommended I get a Gillette New Long Comb razor (I haven't yet). This email today certainly looks promising, it looks like he is moving forward with it.

I'm excited! From the little I can see, it looks really great to me, it looks like what I've been waiting for. Unless it's a total flop (which I highly doubt), then I plan to buy this when it's available
I couldn’t find this on their website are they still making it? Curious

It's just another spendy razor that separates gulliable buyers from their money when being told it's the shiznitz.
the reality is, it won't shave any better than any of my favorite Vintage Gillettes.

G

Guest2023

It's just another spendy razor that separates gulliable buyers from their money when being told it's the shiznitz.
the reality is, it won't shave any better than any of my favorite Vintage Gillettes.

I agree. I loaned one from a friend of mine and tried it. Gillette Long Comb, which is modeled after, is a better shaver.

Top Bottom