What's new

Shield Razor through Ali Express

Have an issue where he sent me an aluminum version instead of the stainless steel SE razor. I also ordered 2 other items, a titanium head, and the Shield GEM razor in stainless steel and they are fine.

Seller told me to keep the aluminum razor as a gift and to request refund. I can't seem to figure out a way to get refund without it asking me to print a label to send it back. Not sure if the regular website has this option or if I need to open a dispute in order to do this?

I think the seller is being honest but I don't want to get screwed out of the $50+ but not sure how to do it without opening a dispute which probably doesn't do the seller any favors.

Any ideas? Thanks.

Just checked and here is what seller wrote me:

"hi,sir,i just asked aliexpress service,they said don't need ship back and after 21 days later,i can return Payment by me
hi,sir,I just asked aliexpress service,they said don't need ship back and after 21 days later,i can return Payment by me"

Does this sound like a stalling tactic to wait the 21 days and then it will be too late for refund even if I opened a dispute with PayPal?

I think Shield razor is a trustworthy seller and won't damage his good reputation for such a little money.
I've read many examples on reddit about how AliExpress works that unless I send the item back I won't get a refund, even though the seller said to keep it. Still unsure how refunds work with AliExpress and if AliExpress is refunding me or the seller Shield Razors is?

I would ask the seller.
I assume he has the option to send you the SS version that you have already paid for, in that case you do not have to ask for a refund.

I would ask the seller.
I assume he has the option to send you the SS version that you have already paid for, in that case you do not have to ask for a refund.
He said they are all sold out and sent the aluminum one by mistake. He said there will be more SS versions in about a month.

The seller can initiate the refund after you file the discrepancy. When the funds are returned you get a chance to close the dispute out favorably. At least that is how it worked with a flashlight vendor I really like a lot on AE. There was no reputational damage and, in fact the glowing review I left probably added a star to his store profile.

AE though is changing a lot of things so, IMHO they are a PIA to work with these days. My flashlight vendor said the same thing along with taking larger commissions from his sales so, he is leaving the platform. In particular, the forced "Choice" products are sales and ads he had to hand in as AE just took his products off his store page and moved them to the "Choice" program without his consent where he pays a higher commission and earns less and is forced to use their shipping which is a mixed bag in my experience.

I asked the seller about the brass versions coming. Might prefer one of those instead, since the next SS SE version is sandblasted and I usually prefer the regular polished finish. Still not sure how the refund will work or if he'll just send out a second replacement razor in place of the refund if I place an order for the brass version that comes out in a few days.

Top Bottom