What's new

Wool socks for daily use

For industrial grade wool socks, Carrhart are pretty hard to beat. I wear them all the time, right now I'm on a tug at anchor in the Arctic Ocean, just off of Prudhoe Bay, so I when I say I wear them all the time, its no kidding. They hold up fairly well in comparison to others I've recently purchased. Years ago Cabela's carried a wool sock they called the "Norwegian Military Wool Sock" they garenteed them for 5 years. Spendy, they cost $15 a pair, I bought two pair anyway. I somehow managed to lose one pair, but still have the other and am still wearing them. They're thin in spots, but they still go. Appearently Cabela's couldn't sell them. They changed the name to "Norwegian Hunting Socks" and then discontinued them. I wish I'd have bought ten pair, now. Anyway, Carrhart ain't too bad.

I love the smartwool, but the steal is the Wigwams. I wear the 625 as a sport sock.
amazon has a great selection. I like the sizing too.

For industrial grade wool socks, Carrhart are pretty hard to beat. I wear them all the time, right now I'm on a tug at anchor in the Arctic Ocean, just off of Prudhoe Bay, so I when I say I wear them all the time, its no kidding. They hold up fairly well in comparison to others I've recently purchased. Years ago Cabela's carried a wool sock they called the "Norwegian Military Wool Sock" they garenteed them for 5 years. Spendy, they cost $15 a pair, I bought two pair anyway. I somehow managed to lose one pair, but still have the other and am still wearing them. They're thin in spots, but they still go. Appearently Cabela's couldn't sell them. They changed the name to "Norwegian Hunting Socks" and then discontinued them. I wish I'd have bought ten pair, now. Anyway, Carrhart ain't too bad.

You mean these?

proxy.php

I only wear wool socks duck or winter time hunting. I am a old school John Wooden man when it comes to socks. Cotton and White.

These are my Marcoliani 80/20 wool dress socks. OTC and they stay up! ExtraFine Merino 80%/ Nylon 20% with 4% Spandex in toe, heel, and top. I love them but they are pricey. I wash in cold water delicates and line dry.

Attachments

• $Socks.jpg
    $Socks.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 52
wool is wash and wear like cotton socks and macy's have a great line of daily wear wool socks that are a dress sock that are nice and don't make my feet stink like a synthetic dress sock.

Just to update my thread, I ended up picking up several pairs of Mast General Store's house brand (made in NC) in mid-July and have been wearing them daily since, even through our 120+ heat index spell. They had a buy-two-get-one sale so, at $11.50/pair, it brought the price down to just over $7/pair. I love the way they feel but, after nearly 4 months of wear, they're starting to not fit quite as snug.

forget all this whatever stuff. just go for woolpower socks. smartwool socks are pretty nice for any easy fix, but woolpower are where its at.

Top Bottom