What's new

Wonderbar or blackbird

Just tried the Wunderbar. 4 1/2 days growth. Used Cremo/Persona Red. Started with the face. The hair came off so easily it was like the hair wasn't even connected to my face. No clogging either. No cuts, knicks, or irritation. So I went for the head. Same results. I don't normally use that blade either so that makes me assume any blade will work. It went so well that I will use it exclusively until I don't.
Just tried for the 2nd time waited for 7 days of hair growth. Same results. The only change was I tried a BALI blade instead. For my next shaves I'll try blades that I don't like and see what happens.

So I ordered a super slant L3++ about a month ago and it has quickly become my favorite razor so by no surprise I just ordered a wunderbar today can't wait . Very curious to feel the differences in efficiency and smoothness

Iridian

Cool and slimy
So I ordered a super slant L3++ about a month ago and it has quickly become my favorite razor so by no surprise I just ordered a wunderbar today can't wait . Very curious to feel the differences in efficiency and smoothness
I am very interested to see which one you will prefer in the end. Take your time and do a few shaves, initially the Wunderbar seems smoother, but if you go for perfection, the L3++ OC makes it easier to figure out where there is stubble left to kill due to better feedback.

But that's my impression, looking forward to read yours! :thumbsup:

P.S. for god's sake try not to come to diametrically opposite conclusions in every single matter, I beg you... :001_tt2:

I am very interested to see which one you will prefer in the end. Take your time and do a few shaves, initially the Wunderbar seems smoother, but if you go for perfection, the L3++ OC makes it easier to figure out where there is stubble left to kill due to better feedback.

But that's my impression, looking forward to read yours! :thumbsup:

P.S. for god's sake try not to come to diametrically opposite conclusions in every single matter, I beg you... :001_tt2:
It's hard to believe it could be smoother as the L3++, by the 3rd shave the ss was with out a doubt my most smooth razor. I just hope I don't hate the wonderbar due to its lack of feedback . It does seem like the wonder bar has a smaller profile head and I definitely think I'll like that .

The Wunderbar rewards mastery, the beard literally seems to fall off. It also punishes incompetence. Everyone should have slant but I'm not sure this should be your first one.
Agreed on it not being a good first choice the wonder bar will be my 5th slant I've owned and the second one I've owned since my 2 year break in wet shaving . I've wanted a wunderbar since they came out before I took a break from wet shaving I was so glad to see they re released it after hearing all the legends of it's abilities

Top Bottom