What's new

Wolfman Wednesday

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Wednesday 20210428
Wolfman Wednesday
Razor: Wolfman WR2 1.25 SB (Evgeny Koshelev (rusdrunkbear) Handlebar Ti Handle)
Blade: Personna Israeli Platinum Red (2)
Brush: H. L. Thater 4292/5 (25mm Finest 2-Band Silvertip)
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: Pré de Provence No.63
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman Reserve Whiskey Woods
20210428_211644~2.jpg

Excellent shave! :cool:

I just received my 1.45 in basic polish today, and since it is Wednesday in Australia...

Pre: Hot shower, Stirling Pre-shave soap
Razor: Wolfman WR2 1.45SB - first shave
Blade: Wizamet SI, 2nd shave
Brush: El Chubbo 2 SiLVERTiP
Soap / Splash: DG/CLux Yuzu/Rose/Patchouli
Days since last shave: 4

Notes: After shaving with the 1.25 since November, I can say the 1.45 has more blade feel. Not a ton, but noticeable. I purposely waited 4 days to see how it would handle the beard, and it mowed those whiskers down with ease. Does it have the "devil may care" attitude of the 1.25? Not at this time, but it was the first shave. In terms of Wolfman gaps, I don't think I would go any higher.

About the finish, I went with basic polish this time. Frankly, I am wondering how much better the mirror polish is, as compared to my other polished SS razors, the basic is brilliant.

All in all, a great shave. We shall see what kind of regrowth I have compared to the 1.25.

Back on the wait list I go!

IMG_2701.jpg

Lefonque

Even more clueless than you
34C015BA-1FDD-4AF5-BB8D-441E66458A99.jpeg

PrePAA Cube 2.0 USA 🇺🇸
SoapPAA Cavendish, USA 🇺🇸
BrushBilly Goat Brushworks “Sunset” Australia 🇦🇺
RazorWolfman WR2 1.35 DC, Canada 🇨🇦
BladeFeather, Japan 🇯🇵
AftershaveProraso Alum, Italy 🇮🇹, Nivea Balm Germany 🇩🇪
FragrancePAA Cavendish EDP, USA 🇺🇸
Rating8.5/10

5F1DA9BB-E5A4-4AB2-990E-71C3A979D7DE.jpeg

What better way to break out my new Captain’s Choice bowl than on Wolfman Wednesday! Excellent shave and lather.

Razor: Wolfman WR2/WRH2
Blade: Feather
Soap: Mike’s Natural Soap Coconut
Brush: Simpson’s Chubby 2 Super
Bowl: Captain’s Choice Copper

Does anyone use the Captain’s Choice bowl when they travel??

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
I am not going to shave today because I shaved yesterday with my Wolf, and don’t need to shave today. I had a sub par shave on Monday. Since I shave every other day mostly, I was poised for a Wolfman Wednesday. But Monday’s shave was so poor, I had to shave yesterday. Grabbed the 1.15 with a vintage Wizamet with 6 shaves on it, and some 42. The shave was so good i literally forgot to add the aftershave. Didn’t realize until after lunch. That’s how smooth the Wolf is! I’m still socially acceptable 24 hours later. Well at least my shave is! 🤪

720D7F0B-4483-4274-BA0A-D6B6663D836A.jpeg

I am not going to shave today because I shaved yesterday with my Wolf, and don’t need to shave today. I had a sub par shave on Monday. Since I shave every other day mostly, I was poised for a Wolfman Wednesday. But Monday’s shave was so poor, I had to shave yesterday. Grabbed the 1.15 with a vintage Wizamet with 6 shaves on it, and some 42. The shave was so good i literally forgot to add the aftershave. Didn’t realize until after lunch. That’s how smooth the Wolf is! I’m still socially acceptable 24 hours later. Well at least my shave is! [emoji2957]

View attachment 1262253
What razor was Monday?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
What razor was Monday?

It wasn’t the razor’s fault. I was taking part in the Astra SS Old Versus New blade challenge PIF. Astra SS is not a good blade for me. And the vintage ones are even worse. After a half dozen sub par shaves, I gave the blades one last shot in a matching pair of Techs. Modern blade on one side, vintage blade on the other. After 24 hours my face felt so lopsided I had to shave again.

34C015BA-1FDD-4AF5-BB8D-441E66458A99.jpeg

PrePAA Cube 2.0 USA 🇺🇸
SoapPAA Cavendish, USA 🇺🇸
BrushBilly Goat Brushworks “Sunset” Australia 🇦🇺
RazorWolfman WR2 1.35 DC, Canada 🇨🇦
BladeFeather, Japan 🇯🇵
AftershaveProraso Alum, Italy 🇮🇹, Nivea Balm Germany 🇩🇪
FragrancePAA Cavendish EDP, USA 🇺🇸
Rating8.5/10
That Billygoat kind of steals the show even on a Wolfman thread!

Top Bottom