What's new

Wizamet Super Iridium, real or not?

Hi again guys. After recently buying some great Wizamets from a seller on Ebay called Parfum Luxe and being happy about the blades I thought about buying some more. Reading through these threads I saw a lot of praise for another seller on Ebay called Dormashop from Morocco who was a few pounds cheaper so I took the plunge and bought 250. They arrived today so of course I wanted to test them out. I put one in my trusty Rockwell 6C and was it was very rough and pulling a lot. And then I saw this like bitty grey stuff dripping down my chest which was coming off the razor. I undid the Rockwell plate and rubbed on the writing on the blade where it says Super Iridium and it seemed to blur a bit. I then looked at the tuck box and noticed Warsawa on one side and Usa on the other. The previous were Arabic writing and them blades were great. I then looked at the box and it says Warsawa on that. But on Dormashops photos the box says Australia and not Warsawa as on the tucks I received . Maybe it was just a bad blade and I finished off with the previous blade from Parfum-luxe and it was smooth even though I had had about 5 shaves on that blade already. I will update you in a few days after I try a fresh blade from the Dormashop tuck. I enclose a few photos of the Dormashop packaging. The very last photo is a screenshot from Dormashop which says Austrailia. There's no date on the tucks as there were with Parfum-luxe blades. Let me know what you think guys. P. S. Pay attention to the blade itself with the blurred lettering and where the numbers are situation

Attachments

• IMG_20200214_154247.jpg
    IMG_20200214_154247.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 119
  • IMG_20200214_154313.jpg
    IMG_20200214_154313.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 115
  • IMG_20200214_154324.jpg
    IMG_20200214_154324.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 107
  • IMG_20200214_154233.jpg
    IMG_20200214_154233.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 102
  • IMG_20200214_154220.jpg
    IMG_20200214_154220.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 109
  • IMG_20200214_154205.jpg
    IMG_20200214_154205.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 133
  • IMG_20200214_154153.jpg
    IMG_20200214_154153.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 144
  • Screenshot_20200214_154532_com.ebay.mobile.jpg
    Screenshot_20200214_154532_com.ebay.mobile.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 143
Last edited:
Hi again guys. After recently buying some great Wizamets from a seller on Ebay called Parfum Luxe and being happy about the blades I thought about buying some more. Reading through these threads I saw a lot of praise for another seller on Ebay called Dormashop from Morocco who was a few pounds cheaper so I took the plunge and bought 250. They arrived today so of course I wanted to test them out. I put one in my trusty Rockwell 6C and was it was very rough and pulling a lot. And then I saw this like bitty grey stuff dripping down my chest which was coming off the razor. I undid the Rockwell plate and rubbed on the writing on the blade where it says Super Iridium and it seemed to blur a bit. I then looked at the tuck box and noticed Warsawa on one side and Usa on the other. The previous were Arabic writing and them blades were great. I then looked at the box and it says Warsawa on that. But on Dormashops photos the box says Australia and not Warsawa as on the tucks I received . Maybe it was just a bad blade and I finished off with the previous blade from Parfum-luxe and it was smooth even though I had had about 5 shaves on that blade already. I will update you in a few days after I try a fresh blade from the Dormashop tuck. I enclose a few photos of the Dormashop packaging. The very last photo is a screenshot from Dormashop which says Austrailia. There's no date on the tucks as there were with Parfum-luxe blades. Let me know what you think guys. P. S. Pay attention to the blade itself with the blurred lettering and where the numbers are situation
Interesting, mine (legit purchased in 2011) have the Australia and UK info on the package, could these be ever older production I wonder? I notice they are also not double wrapped correct?

Interesting, mine (legit purchased in 2011) have the Australia and UK info on the package, could these be ever older production I wonder? I notice they are also not double wrapped correct?
I just opened another and will show you the blade packaging and both sides of the blade. To me the numbers are off and maybe when they were machined in the factory the blade was off too hense how blunt and rough it feels. And if you notice it says Made in Russia. Do not wipe, rinse only. This is why the writing is blurring after I rubbed it a bit. Should a normal blade do this?

Attachments

• IMG_20200214_162649.jpg
    IMG_20200214_162649.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 111
  • IMG_20200214_162738.jpg
    IMG_20200214_162738.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 109
  • IMG_20200214_162757.jpg
    IMG_20200214_162757.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 108
Last edited:
I privated messaged you packaging details. This is what I received today with the box of blades inside
So there is no code on either end of the tucks? Your pic above only shows one end of a tuck. I'm pretty sure everyone elses had a date code on one end of the tuck from what I remember...

So there is no code on either end of the tucks? Your pic above only shows one end of a tuck. I'm pretty sure everyone elses had a date code on one end of the tuck from what I remember...

No date at all on the tucks bud

Attachments

• IMG_20200214_203949.jpg
    IMG_20200214_203949.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 56
  • IMG_20200214_203942.jpg
    IMG_20200214_203942.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 57
I just opened another and will show you the blade packaging and both sides of the blade. To me the numbers are off and maybe when they were machined in the factory the blade was off too hense how blunt and rough it feels. And if you notice it says Made in Russia. Do not wipe, rinse only. This is why the writing is blurring after I rubbed it a bit. Should a normal blade do this?

This blade looks like a fake to me.

I've never seen a PPI Gillette as wonky as that, and the paper as well looks completely wrong.

Does anybody know when the date code started being printed on the pack? I don't remember that being there when I used these a few years back.

This blade looks like a fake to me.

I've never seen a PPI Gillette as wonky as that, and the paper as well looks completely wrong.

Exactly what I thought. The blade was dragging like it had been used 25 times that's how bad a shave it was. The whole packaging to the blade all looks off. I appreciate all the feedback guys. I have messaged Dromoshop sending pics of the blades and packaging. Hopefully he will see there has been some silly mix up and respond. If not I will just put in for a return so all good

Well these are the classical Chinese fakes. They always have the inner wax paper wrapper like that. The paper is somewhat brownish. Bad printing on the blade itself (and it washes out by water). The metal has been badly cut. Just look at the contour of the blade and compare it to real blades. And these are dull.

Apropos of nothing, I just went to wizashave.com and noticed pricing for 250 is now $45USD. I re-placed an order with them Feb 7 and paid $49.99USD.

Billski

Here I am, 1st again.
Can’t really say enough good things about both this blade and getting them from this source.

The blades themselves is all I use in almost any DE razor. Very sharp and exceptionally smooth which is a rare combo.

This vendor ship blades quickly and the quantity discount is a great option. Trust me once you get a pack you’ll be back for more.

Hi everybody, I’m a rookie from Madrid,Spain. I’ve just bought a blister of 10 blades to a seller on amazon.es called “Xtrem Place” in France. Today I’ve received the blades, and checking the package, I’ve noticed that this blades were made under the brand “ZAO Petersburg Products International” and they have some Arab letters in one side. I haven’t opened yet, but anyone experienced with this blades could tell me if they are legit?

Best regards,
Jorge
FDE18AB1-5F6B-494F-8BE8-728FABBA4AAA.jpeg
4986FA9D-2EFE-43F1-9D27-87BAE2D98AEB.jpeg
8026B21C-308A-4215-8845-A607BFD92A2B.jpeg
5317C8F6-DD1B-4F99-A2E9-28A19F30C9C3.jpeg
AB97DA56-7C1B-4841-A580-ABC29B7AB5B6.png

Hi everybody, I’m a rookie from Madrid,Spain. I’ve just bought a blister of 10 blades to a seller on amazon.es called “Xtrem Place” in France. Today I’ve received the blades, and checking the package, I’ve noticed that this blades were made under the brand “ZAO Petersburg Products International” and they have some Arab letters in one side. I haven’t opened yet, but anyone experienced with this blades could tell me if they are legit?

Best regards,
Jorge View attachment 1063092View attachment 1063093View attachment 1063094View attachment 1063095View attachment 1063096
Everything on your packaging would lead one to agree that yours are the real deal and most important, the date code is on the tuck like most have been in the last year.

Best regards,
Jorge View attachment 1063092View attachment 1063093View attachment 1063094View attachment 1063095View attachment 1063096

I purchased similar ones on Ebay the first time from a seller in France with same packaging and date and with TM on the tuck. They were great so you should have real ones 😉

No date at all on the tucks bud
Its interesting that the package you received is stamped different from any of the pics he has on his site. I went back and looked at your pics again and noticed the wrapper is one I've never seen before. All pics he has shows Russia, Boston, UK, and Australia on every one of the quantities he sells and clearly your package doesn't. If he doesn't stand behind his product and send you something new, I would file a dispute with Ebay that he's selling a fake product.
Does anybody know when the date code started being printed on the pack? I don't remember that being there when I used these a few years back.
I think it was sometime in 2017 that the date codes first started showing up.

Its interesting that the package you received is stamped different from any of the pics he has on his site. I went back and looked at your pics again and noticed the wrapper is one I've never seen before. All pics he has shows Russia, Boston, UK, and Australia on every one of the quantities he sells and clearly your package doesn't. If he doesn't stand behind his product and send you something new, I would file a dispute with Ebay that he's selling a fake product.

I think it was sometime in 2017 that the date codes first started showing up.
I intend to do exactly that bud. I have contacted him via messages so I will wait a day for a response. Then if I hear nothing I will start a return via a dispute and ask for the seller to send a shipping label so I can print as he will be paying for return postage as faulty goods. I still have over 115 Wizamet from Parfum-luxe and a stash of polsilvers I bought a few years ago from Ebay so it's not all bad news :) It just would of been nice to have an extra stash of 250. On a good note I ordered 2 Wickham soaps from Connaughtshaving which were shipped today which I should receive next week. One Magnum and the other Russian Leather :)

Top Bottom