What's new

Wizamet Super Iridium, real or not?

Got 500 coming in from droma.

Could you please post here what do you think about blades you will get from him in comparison to Polsilver SI? Polsilvers are my favourite but my stock is less than 250, if they are discontinued (this time it seems like is is for real, there is listing from my usual seller from Bulgaria on Ebay but price has more than doubled since last purchase) I need new favourite blade :D

IMO, the perpetuation of the myth that Polsilvers have been discontinued is the reason for the price increases.

I have some of these Wizamet blades and more on the way. As far as I can tell, they are EXACTLY the same blades as Polsivers in different packaging.

IMO, the perpetuation of the myth that Polsilvers have been discontinued is the reason for the price increases.

I have some of these Wizamet blades and more on the way. As far as I can tell, they are EXACTLY the same blades as Polsivers in different packaging.

At first I also tought this was another rumor that surfaces every year or so arpund Polsilvers, but this one differs from last 5 years.
There is FAR less listings for those blades (specially Ebay) and prices on those listings are more than double...e.g. last 5 years 20€/100 blades from Bulgaria shipped, now is 50. And another thing is that when you search term "polsilver" in Ebay there are new listings for Wizamets, which might tell us they stopped using brand Polsilver and Switched to Wizamet.

I have to admit I am confused about what is going on here 😂

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
Could you please post here what do you think about blades you will get from him in comparison to Polsilver SI?

The Wizamet from Russia are the same blade as Polsilver SI. At least I can not see any noticeable difference. When this batch comes in, I will have almost 1500 on hand.

By the way, if you can find NOS Polish Wizmets they are the bomb.

Also, I recently purchased 4 hundred packs of Polsilver SI from an eBay seller in Poland for under $80. When they came, they did not say Polsilver on the blade, just Extra Stainless. And no glue dots. I got suspicious and did some research. This same thing happened 3 years ago apparently, except at that time, there were various other anomalies in the packaging that led everyone to believe those were fakes. Those past suspicious blades were even sold by WCS at that time. But it was never specifically stated in all of my research that anyone had confirmed that these were really fake. Mine have packaging that look nearly identical to previously known-good polsilvers. So I contacted the seller, who was very forthcoming. He indicated that when he first started selling these, he received complaints about them being fake so he contacted P&G in Europe, and they indicated they were genuine. Just alternative packaging. And that his other customers have been satisfied. So I shaved with one a couple of times, and it shaves great, just like a real Polsilver. The posts for the prior issue 3 years ago indicate those blades shaved badly. Mine shave as expected for a Polsilver. Do I believe these are real Polsilvers? I do not know yet. But they shave well, and I’m gonna use them. If you are hung up on getting some reasonably priced Polsilvers you will need to decide if your willing to risk $80.

The Wizamet from Russia are the same blade as Polsilver SI. At least I can not see any noticeable difference. When this batch comes in, I will have almost 1500 on hand.

By the way, if you can find NOS Polish Wizmets they are the bomb.

Also, I recently purchased 4 hundred packs of Polsilver SI from an eBay seller in Poland for under $80. When they came, they did not say Polsilver on the blade, just Extra Stainless. And no glue dots. I got suspicious and did some research. This same thing happened 3 years ago apparently, except at that time, there were various other anomalies in the packaging that led everyone to believe those were fakes. Those past suspicious blades were even sold by WCS at that time. But it was never specifically stated in all of my research that anyone had confirmed that these were really fake. Mine have packaging that look nearly identical to previously known-good polsilvers. So I contacted the seller, who was very forthcoming. He indicated that when he first started selling these, he received complaints about them being fake so he contacted P&G in Europe, and they indicated they were genuine. Just alternative packaging. And that his other customers have been satisfied. So I shaved with one a couple of times, and it shaves great, just like a real Polsilver. The posts for the prior issue 3 years ago indicate those blades shaved badly. Mine shave as expected for a Polsilver. Do I believe these are real Polsilvers? I do not know yet. But they shave well, and I’m gonna use them. If you are hung up on getting some reasonably priced Polsilvers you will need to decide if your willing to risk $80.
Actualy I just wan't to know if Wizamets from dormashop on Ebay are just rebranded Polsilvers (it seems that way) and if they are then I will stock up on those since now they are cheaper on Ebay than Polsilvers

Actualy I just wan't to know if Wizamets from dormashop on Ebay are just rebranded Polsilvers (it seems that way) and if they are then I will stock up on those since now they are cheaper on Ebay than Polsilvers

They look the same (when you take them out of the package), they are made in the same factory, and they shave the same (my opinion, yes, but also the opinion of many other experienced wet shavers). Looks like a duck, quacks like a duck...

There are Polsivers being sold on Ebay recently that have a mfg stamp being 2019 so that would tell me these are very much in production and the rumors only fuel price increases only!!
1579883061123.png

I received 1000 iridium from dromashop and they shave just like Polsilver. I can't tell the difference even if a gun is pointed at my head. But none of my tucks have printed inner wrapper and there is no date of manufacturing on the sleeve box or tucks.

Last edited:

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
Same as what everyone else has replied. I cant tell the difference between russian Wizamets and polsilver.

I have also not seen the inner wrapper with writing like that.

I ordered 250 from wizashave.com 1/22. No word since immediate emailed receipt from the site and Paypal confirmation. I am so spoiled by the Amazons, WCS, Maggards, etc. of the online vendor world with their quick order fulfillment.

They look the same (when you take them out of the package), they are made in the same factory, and they shave the same (my opinion, yes, but also the opinion of many other experienced wet shavers). Looks like a duck, quacks like a duck...
I remember when I was using these blades the same question came up about PSI and Wizamet Iridium Supers being the exact same blade and the answer was yes, just one only came in tucks of five and the other in tucks of ten.

Just in case anyone cares, I just started to document a request for refund from wizashave.com (a.k.a. "Mogador Business") via PayPal's dispute resolution platform. It seems that wizashave simply cannot fulfill my order. They assert some amorphous "mail carrier system issue" that apparently has all shipping in Morroco knocked-out for over a week. Sure. Right.

Anyway, I wanted to get some Wizamets as I have been a PolSilver lover for some time. Based on a quick perusal of eBay, however, it seems the sellers offering these at 250 count and higher are all based in Morroco, so same outfit with various seller IDs? Oh well.

Other members here already wrote about that Moroccan seller. He takes his time to ship. They say it takes sometimes even a week before he ships. Although some wrote he tries to compensate with some free extra blades.

I had no problem getting my blades from the Wizashaves guy. Granted it took like a month from what I remembered, but it was coming from Morocco so I knew it would take awhile.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
I have not had an issue with wizashaves.

I also just received an order of 500 wizamets from ebay seller shop-happy-shopping, and received my blades in 14 days from Morocco. I will inspect them closely when I get home today, but dont expect any issues.

Well, fwiw, wizashave refunded my money yesterday, and my bank has already processed the credit back into my account. The guy I communicated with was apologetic. I have no clue why they couldn't fulfill my order. Not gonna sweat it any more. I don't exactly need anymore blades right now, but I'm sure I'll give Wizamets a shot at some point.

I received a box from Wizashave today. Shipping was 6 weeks with the holidays.

Mine say copyrighted 2017 and have arabic writing on the box. I noticed that the blades look blotchy. Pic below is with wax removed.

I’ll test them tomorrow.

495D40CD-44A4-46D5-B47E-C0E0543828B1.jpeg

B9FE98BD-07F6-4CFF-B184-48E25B04A49C.jpeg

Top Bottom