What's new

Wizamet Super Iridium, real or not?

Everything on your packaging would lead one to agree that yours are the real deal and most important, the date code is on the tuck like most have been in the last year.
Thanks a lot for your quick answer. Apart from this French seller of Amazon, Do you recommend me another one preferably in Europe? Regards!

Here is my guess what actually happened. For a few months the seller in Morocco has been selling some old batch real Iridiums. IIRC they didn't have date codes on them at all. So after he run out of them, he ordered from another source and they were the fakes.

Here is my guess what actually happened. For a few months the seller in Morocco has been selling some old batch real Iridiums. IIRC they didn't have date codes on them at all. So after he run out of them, he ordered from another source and they were the fakes.
From the looks of the wrapper this would make sense...

Received a response from Dromoshop. Now the question on to wait as I have to return and then wait for delivery or just have a refund

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200215_132526_com.ebay.mobile.jpg
    Screenshot_20200215_132526_com.ebay.mobile.jpg
    872.4 KB · Views: 103
Received a response from Dromoshop. Now the question on to wait as I have to return and then wait for delivery or just have a refund
I just had a similar encounter with fake Chinese counterfeit blades myself. Unfortunately for me it's a total loss. I hope you either get a full refund or the legit blades you expected.

I just had a similar encounter with fake Chinese counterfeit blades myself. Unfortunately for me it's a total loss. I hope you either get a full refund or the legit blades you expected.
I am sorry to hear that. I will probably just ask for a refund just to be safe. At least with Ebay and PayPal there is some protection. Wishing you better luck brother

What the seller is writing is total bull****. Old precious blades that are twice as expensive as the Russians ones. Come on! Those are pure Chinese fakes. And the whole blah-blah about "Do you know the Wizamet story.? Yeah, I know the story. I have been shaving with Wizamet manufactured blades since 1986. That's both Polsilver and Iridium brand. And even the Karat brand. Many guys don't know, that it was Iridium first in the early 80s and later on the Iridium -Super were started. I have even been twice to Lodz. There I bought these late 90s production Polsilver Super Iridium - the last made in Lodz. Sharpness is nowhere near the 80s blades or the Russian ones.

IMG_20200215_164448.jpg

Hmmm, I have 250 on my way from wizashave.com (I remain convinced, with no specific evidence, all these Moroccan sellers are part of the same crew). I'll be comparing what I get with the recent pics/descriptions form the past couple days. I'll report and share pics here in any event when I receive them.

Hmmm, I have 250 on my way from wizashave.com (I remain convinced, with no specific evidence, all these Moroccan sellers are part of the same crew). I'll be comparing what I get with the recent pics/descriptions form the past couple days. I'll report and share pics here in any event when I receive them.
I hope you receive good blades. If they have Australia on the box or Arabic writing with TM on the tuck I am pretty sure they will be good

What the seller is writing is total bull****. Old precious blades that are twice as expensive as the Russians ones. Come on! Those are pure Chinese fakes. And the whole blah-blah about "Do you know the Wizamet story.? Yeah, I know the story. I have been shaving with Wizamet manufactured blades since 1986. That's both Polsilver and Iridium brand. And even the Karat brand. Many guys don't know, that it was Iridium first in the early 80s and later on the Iridium -Super were started. I have even been twice to Lodz. There I bought these late 90s production Polsilver Super Iridium - the last made in Lodz. Sharpness is nowhere near the 80s blades or the Russian ones.

View attachment 1063290
Thank you for the knowledge. I have asked for a return on Ebay and asked for the seller to provide a shipping label. Regards Rich

This is all very interesting; I have a shipment from dromashop at the post office that I'll be picking up today, so I will let you guys know how they are. I ordered from him based on the fact that everyone seemed to think his blades were legit.

This is all very interesting; I have a shipment from dromashop at the post office that I'll be picking up today, so I will let you guys know how they are. I ordered from him based on the fact that everyone seemed to think his blades were legit.
Exactly why I ordered from him because of good reviews here. I hope you received Australia blades and not Warsawa on the side of the box and tuck

I just opened another and will show you the blade packaging and both sides of the blade. To me the numbers are off and maybe when they were machined in the factory the blade was off too hense how blunt and rough it feels. And if you notice it says Made in Russia. Do not wipe, rinse only. This is why the writing is blurring after I rubbed it a bit. Should a normal blade do this?

I've been very resistant to "fake blade" conspiracies, but those don't look right.

There is always more than one detail that is different. Except for the "L" letter, look at the different font of "SUPER IRIDIUM" and the different font of the "R" in POLSILVER and the font of "5 Zyletek". And also the envelope on the left one has been folded askew. Yes, the left one is the fake. I also have Silver Blue fakes.

There is always more than one detail that is different. Except for the "L" letter, look at the different font of "SUPER IRIDIUM" and the different font of the "R" in POLSILVER and the font of "5 Zyletek". And also the envelope on the left one has been folded askew. Yes, the left one is the fake. I also have Silver Blue fakes.

What's the shave quality with the fakes?

Top Bottom