What's new

Wild West Shaving Co.

Forgot to post this one the other day, but boy, oh boy, Ann Bassett is a great scent! It's the sister scent to George's Barbershop, so if you like that, you will like this as well. It's jumped up to near the top of my favorite WWSC scents.
proxy.php

SOTD - MEDICINE MAN
Well, we've had some typical crazy upstate NY weather lately. I was outside last night enjoying some beers around the bonfire, and now this morning, we were shivering in the chilly wind and rain while watching the boys play soccer. So a nice shave was needed to raise my spirits.
Anytime I use Wild West Shaving Co soaps by Russell Barton, I just can't help enjoying my shave. A while back I had PIF'd my Medicine Man soap to a friend so he could try out these wonderful soaps. So I had to get some again just so I could experience this beautiful scent again.
I also face lathered this time, just like Russell demonstrated in some of his most recent YouTube videos. It worked absolutely fine for me, but I will probably stick with bowl lathering. Just how I like to do my shaves lately.
Here's my setup for today:
Razor: Ming Shi Adjustable w/ Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Platinum
Brush: Raven Brush Works (Russell Barton) long handle brush w/ 24mm Mother Lode Knot from StrikeGoldShave
Soap: Wild West Shaving Co - Medicine Man ("A Complex, Soothing, Creamy, Herbal, Barbershop Scent")
A/S: Alt - Innsbruck aftershave
Spray: Wild West Shaving Co - Medicine Man cologne spray
proxy.php

Had a wonderful shave the other day with Annie Oakley. Not usually a fan of floral scents, but this one (along with L&L Mayflower) may just be the best floral I have come across. Very bright violet, and perhaps the acorn notes are what make it unique.

Also just placed an order for 4 more scents. Really looking forward to see what Russ has come up with. So far have been impressed with his scent combinations, especially since perfumery can be a difficult art.

SOTD - BABY FACE NELSON FOR THE NEW GRANDBABY
This shave is dedicated to Russell Barton who just became a first time grandfather yesterday to a cute little baby girl!
So I figured I'd used his soap that has baby powder in it. Seemed to make sense to me. So hats off to you my friend!
Razor: Ever Ready single edge with Gem SE razor blade
Brush: Raven Brush Works long handle beehive style w/ 24mm SynBad knot
Soap: Wild West Shaving Co - Baby Face Nelson
A/S: Floid
Spray: Wild West Shaving Co - Baby Face Nelson cologne spray
#WWSCRBWSOTD2018
proxy.php

Since my last post here I have tried Pony Express, James& Artemus, and Rose Dunn. J&A is a beautiful scent, the rose is mixed well with the bourbon and other notes. Rose Dunn is another rose masterpiece ( much like Witchita) that mixes rose with coconut, not the strongest scent but the lighter strength works best with this kind of scent IMO. Also picked up Calmity Jane which smells a bit fruity to my nose, apple perhaps, but is a complex scent.

Wild West Continues to surpass all expectations. The scents Russ keeps coming up with just keep getting better and better.

proxy.php

Elixir No 1 pairs well with Palomino, but can be used with most anything.
Scent Notes: Black Pepper, Bergamot, Vanilla and Menthol.
Ingredients: Ethanol, Ionized Water, Glycerine, Fragrance, Menthol
Do not be afraid of the menthol. It is there, just enough to cool you down, but it is not overpowering.
My face feels fantastic after today's shave!

Just ordered The Outlaw, Elixir #2, and Winter Lodge.

I have Billy the Kid and James and Artemis, and like them very much.

The only minor criticism I have is the small size of the pucks.

I would gladly pay more for a bigger tub of soap.

The tubs did just get a little upgrade. They are now going to be in 2 oz clear plastic tubs. They are similar in size to the 2 oz size Uncle Jon's tubs of soaps. I actually like the size because they don't take up much room in my den. And I haven't ever finished off one of these newer artisan 4 oz + sized tubs of soaps yet. So for me, there is no point in having such a huge tub of soap. But this is purely just my opinion on the tub size.

SOTN
RAZOR:. RAZORINE W/ GILLETTE 7 O'CLOCK SUPER PLATINUM
BRUSH:. RAVEN BRUSH WOTKS W/ 20MM HORSEHAIR KNOT
SOAP/AS:. ELIXIR NO 2
proxy.php

The tubs did just get a little upgrade. They are now going to be in 2 oz clear plastic tubs. They are similar in size to the 2 oz size Uncle Jon's tubs of soaps. I actually like the size because they don't take up much room in my den. And I haven't ever finished off one of these newer artisan 4 oz + sized tubs of soaps yet. So for me, there is no point in having such a huge tub of soap. But this is purely just my opinion on the tub size.

It'snot really so much the amount of soap, it's just that I prefer loading my brush from a larger container.

I like the soap well enough that it isn't a deal breaker, just a wish.

Top Bottom