What's new

Wild West Shaving Co Suggestions/Info

Hey y’all, I just joined but I’ve been shaving with a straight razor for a few years now. By far my favorite soaps I’ve used were from Wild West Shaving Co., specifically the Outlaw and Peace Pipe scents, but when I’ve tried to look to restock I’ve noticed the store has been down for maintenance for quite some time. I noticed a post in here from a couple of years back that Mr. Barton suffered a heart attack but there appears to have been soaps purchased after that so he seems to have recovered from that particular health scare. I was wondering if any of you knew anything about why the store has been closed so long/if it will be reopening? Also if some of you with more experience with multiple soaps have any suggestions for soaps similar to Mr. Barton’s I’d greatly appreciate them.

I don't know what might have happened; my favorite scent from WWSC is the Aces and Eights and Billy the Kid. Their soap lathered nicely, provided a comfortable shave, and the scent lingered for a while after the shave.

No idea why Wild West has closed down for the time being. Russ was working on a different line of soaps, Rook I believe it was called, and was a different soap base from the Wild West. Hope he is doing well whatever he decides to do business wise. Have ordered from him several times and he is a nice guy, still use the 2017 Christmas soap (great scent) he included free with a previous order. It's customer appreciation like that you don't see with big companies, many artisans go the extra mile and genuinely want people to use and enjoy their soaps it's not just about the $$$ like it is with the bigger guys. Please let us know if you hear from Russ or if anyone else has any more information.

I don't know what might have happened; my favorite scent from WWSC is the Aces and Eights and Billy the Kid. Their soap lathered nicely, provided a comfortable shave, and the scent lingered for a while after the shave.
wow, my favorites from the line too!

Top Bottom