What's new

Why are there no posts about the Merkur 43C? (not 34C)

Heh... If Arko smelled as good as Pirate's Alley on the last night of Mardi Gras, I could actually tolerate it... There are a lot of soaps out there which will perform great and smell nice also, luckily. Looks like it's time to get some samples and start trying different ones?

That actually sounds like a nuanced description of Tabac to me!! :laugh:

Heh... If Arko smelled as good as Pirate's Alley on the last night of Mardi Gras, I could actually tolerate it... There are a lot of soaps out there which will perform great and smell nice also, luckily. Looks like it's time to get some samples and start trying different ones?

Maybe, but as far as I can tell, there aren't a lot of shave soaps sold in stores - I'd need to order online.

Maybe, but as far as I can tell, there aren't a lot of shave soaps sold in stores - I'd need to order online.

Arko is sold in the stores where you are? Interesting. I don't know what stores you have in your area, but generally one can find Williams and/or Van Der Hagan at the average drugstore or Walmart/Target. Some areas you can get a bit luckier with a few other choices as well.

Hi plaidninja, welcome to B & B!! Hey.... you are right. I came to this thread to learn about the 43C, and it devolved into a thread about cheese and soap. :wink2:

Arko is sold in the stores where you are? Interesting. I don't know what stores you have in your area, but generally one can find Williams and/or Van Der Hagan at the average drugstore or Walmart/Target. Some areas you can get a bit luckier with a few other choices as well.

No, sorry if I gave that impression. No, I had to buy Arko online. VDH is in Wal Mart. I've seen it in Walgreens, but I will not pay their prices. I can't find anything other than VDH in stores, though.

Hi plaidninja, welcome to B & B!! Hey.... you are right. I came to this thread to learn about the 43C, and it devolved into a thread about cheese and soap. :wink2:

I can't speak for anyone else, but I've moved on from cheese :)

As for soap, the reason I mention it is that a change in soap made a big difference in my appreciation for the razor.

No, sorry if I gave that impression. No, I had to buy Arko online. VDH is in Wal Mart. I've seen it in Walgreens, but I will not pay their prices. I can't find anything other than VDH in stores, though.

The VDH Luxury is usually very cheap, and worth giving a try.

The VDH Luxury is usually very cheap, and worth giving a try.

That's what I've been using for the most part, and I like the scent. I wish some others were available locally.

Still, I'm beginning to really like using the 43C more than the EJ. I wish I could use the EJ head on the 43C.

Top Bottom