What's new

Who makes your favorite synthetic shaving brush?

Who makes your favorite synthetic brush?

• Edwin Jagger

Votes: 12 7.1%
  • Frank Shaving

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Kent

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • L’occitane

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Mühle & Nom

Votes: 27 16.1%
  • Omega

Votes: 16 9.5%
  • Plisson

Votes: 4 2.4%
  • Razorock

Votes: 24 14.3%
  • Shavemac

Votes: 8 4.8%
  • Other

Votes: 99 58.9%

• Total voters
I love my synthetics but my Yaqi Rainbow handle w/ brown synth knot (meant to mimic horse knot I believe) takes the cake, hands down. Never tried an actual horse knot before...but this particular synth is pretty much everything I’d ever want in any kind of knot.

Guys, I currently have Stirling synthetic and dscosmetic synthetic.
Is it worth to buy Muhle with STF knot? They are expensive, about 50€, which is a lot considering a synthetic brush

Guys, I currently have Stirling synthetic and dscosmetic synthetic.
Is it worth to buy Muhle with STF knot? They are expensive, about 50€, which is a lot considering a synthetic brush
Worth every penny!

Muhle Silvertip fibre ,Omega Silversynth Fibre used on EVO brushes and Simpsons Platinum Grade Fibre are actually developed exclusively for shaving brushes . All the rest of the synthetic fibers used on shaving brushes are designed and developed for use in painting and cosmetic brushes.
Practically,the difference is quite
substancial.
For the record I use only synthetic brushes (Me thinks that killing a wild animal with a chair leg in order to make couple of shaving brushes is not an act and a sign of civilization.The badger massacre going on in China will eventually give wet shaving a bad name ...) and all
of them are EJ/Muhle STF and Omega EVOs .

@SCh5 I watched some reviews, one thing that interested me was that after you wet the Evo, there is none ,, clumping,, of fibers, but they are still like before, just like a natural hair. I might buy one....most likely in 2021.

Muhle Silvertip fibre ,Omega Silversynth Fibre used on EVO brushes and Simpsons Platinum Grade Fibre are actually developed exclusively for shaving brushes . All the rest of the synthetic fibers used on shaving brushes are designed and developed for use in painting and cosmetic brushes.
Would like to see where this bit of info came from... I am aware that the Motherload knot that Envy Shave sold a while back was originally found from a cosmetic brush line but that was the only one to date as far as I knew of.

Would like to see where this bit of info came from... I am aware that the Motherload knot that Envy Shave sold a while back was originally found from a cosmetic brush line but that was the only one to date as far as I knew of.

Cormay is the sole manufacturer of all the different fibers which are
used on the knots originating from China.
All of them.
http://www.cormaynm.com/en/a/Beauty_make...echnology/

Silvertip Fibre ( Muhle/EJ )is made by BASF ,while Silversynth Fibre (Omega EVO) is made by Krex .
Company -

Company - https://www.brushexpert.com/directory/company/2190

Products – K.R. PLASTIC INDUSTRIES CO.,LTD - https://krplas.com/index.php/products/

Cormay is the sole manufacturer of all the different fibers which are
used on the knots originating from China.
All of them.
http://www.cormaynm.com/en/a/Beauty_make...echnology/

Silvertip Fibre ( Muhle/EJ )is made by BASF ,while Silversynth Fibre (Omega EVO) is made by Krex .
Company -
Company - https://www.brushexpert.com/directory/company/2190

Products – K.R. PLASTIC INDUSTRIES CO.,LTD - https://krplas.com/index.php/products/
I must be missing something in those links but I have scoured them for some time now and have found no info to substantiate your claim here.... Maybe you can pinpoint where they actually specify your claims.

Last info I had directly from the sources of a few knots I've used, both Al from APShaveCo and Milton from TurnNShave have said some of their knots are made by Yaqi. This was confirmed going back almost a couple years now.

Yaqi is a shaving equipment maker like Muhle is.
Cormay is a synthetic filament
maker like BASF is.

Yaqi and Muhle are small businesses comparing to Cormay and BASF.

I'm looking at getting my first synthetic before years end as I have two badger brushes that are showiing their age (an Edwin Jager and my old Parker). I'm looking at some of the lower priced ones, and I've narrowed it down to the Kent Infinity, The Omega Hi Brush, or the Holy Black at Casswell Massey.
I have two questions, does anyone have any experience with these brushes, and I've heard good things about Fendrihans, but they seem priced really low for a decent brush. Any thoughts would be appreciated, thanks!

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
For your first synth I would highly recommend going with a Razorock or PAA brush in your favorite size. Super good performance. And crazy inexpensive. Any of the RR Plissoft brushes are excellent. For something a bit more retro-cool, the PAA brushes are outstanding. The Atomic Rocket is top notch and one of my favorites.

I'm looking at getting my first synthetic before years end as I have two badger brushes that are showiing their age (an Edwin Jager and my old Parker). I'm looking at some of the lower priced ones, and I've narrowed it down to the Kent Infinity, The Omega Hi Brush, or the Holy Black at Casswell Massey.
I have two questions, does anyone have any experience with these brushes, and I've heard good things about Fendrihans, but they seem priced really low for a decent brush. Any thoughts would be appreciated, thanks!

For your first synth I would highly recommend going with a Razorock or PAA brush in your favorite size. Super good performance. And crazy inexpensive. Any of the RR Plissoft brushes are excellent. For something a bit more retro-cool, the PAA brushes are outstanding. The Atomic Rocket is top notch and one of my favorites.
I had looked at Razo Rock a while ago. Don't really know all that much about them, thanks!

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
The Omega Hi Brush is the rock rake of synthetic brushes. I couldn't recommend it at all. I have one that I use to sweep the detritus out from between the letters and numbers on my computer keyboard. I don't know the other two brushes you mentioned. There are some other outstanding synthetics in the price range of those brushes that have been mentioned in this thread already, however.

Top Bottom