What's new

Who makes your favorite synthetic shaving brush?

Who makes your favorite synthetic brush?

• Edwin Jagger

Votes: 12 7.1%
  • Frank Shaving

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Kent

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • L’occitane

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Mühle & Nom

Votes: 27 16.1%
  • Omega

Votes: 16 9.5%
  • Plisson

Votes: 4 2.4%
  • Razorock

Votes: 24 14.3%
  • Shavemac

Votes: 8 4.8%
  • Other

Votes: 99 58.9%

• Total voters
After 100 responses to my recent poll asking your favorite brush type, synthetic brushes emerged as the top choice with 46.1% of the vote. Who makes your favorite synthetic brush(es)? See the poll above. You may make multiple choices.

Dont know how Nathan Clark, Wolf Whiskers, West Coast Shaving, Maggards and AP Shave co didn’t make the list. My personal preference is for Badger but also love the Black Wolf knots from Nathan Clark and Wolf Whiskers. These are superior synthetics in my opinion.

I have a FS brush and it is a good brush with soft Gen4 bristle, but it cannot be compared to my Simpson's synthetics.

Last edited:
Anyone else see the humor int he "brush of the gods" having zero votes as of this time given all the love they got previously. I have a Plisson and rate it above any Muhle I've ever owned, but it's not my best synthetic.

If I'm not mistaken though, doesn't RazoRock use some of the same knots a Plisson? or is Plissoft a knockoff of that knot?

I'm still firmly in the camp that were 5+ years away from the synth that I'm going to like as well as a natural.

I just started using a FS G4 brush. If the G4 really is identical to the Muhle STF it's decent at FS prices, but I wouldn't pay Muhle prices for it.

Again, my apology for omitting Simpsons and Yaqi from the list of choices. I was only allowed 10 choices and made a serious oversight. I will re-publish this thread in six months and include these popular choices.

The first poll I created end up measuring something completely different from what I intended. 🙃 It was informative anyway and this thread seems to be generating some great discussion about synthetics. I am always trying to learn more about synthetics and why members prefer the brushes they do.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Again, my apology for omitting Simpsons and Yaqi from the list of choices. I was only allowed 10 choices and made a serious oversight. I will re-publish this thread in six months and include these popular choices.
Lol, don't feel bad.

I couldn't start a poll if my life depended on it!

Which makes everyone happy since it would be stupid, lol!

I can't say I have just one favorite Synthetic. Like my Simpson's Trafalgar T3, Stirling Two Band and WCS Lantern. Each has their benefits.

Top Bottom