What's new

Who can name movies or TV shows that have shaving scenes.

I never realized how much shaving went on in "Car 54, Where Are You". Actually, it was mostly lathering, not shaving in the locker room scenes, though Fred Gwynne did shave with a straight razor a few times.

These are all from different episodes.

Screen Shot 2021-12-21 at 16.51.11.png

Screen Shot 2021-12-21 at 16.51.25.png

Screen Shot 2021-12-21 at 16.52.01.png

Screen Shot 2021-12-21 at 16.52.25.png

Screen Shot 2021-12-21 at 16.53.35.png

Couldn't find any pic or video...

NCIS S3 Ep23 Hiatus, Gibbs is in the hospital and takes a cart to clean up his high & tight Marine haircut around the sides.

Early Edition S02E20, Kyle Chandler is shaving with Barbasol and a disposable razor under some restraining circumstances

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-01-02 at 00.24.34.png
    Screen Shot 2022-01-02 at 00.24.34.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 12
WC Fields Pt. 1:

WC Fields has a shaving scene lasting more than three minutes near the beginning of "It's a Gift," 1934.

The scene starts with Fields peacefully having his morning shave, when his daughter knocks: "Pop, hurry up!"

WC 1.jpg

He answers: "Come on in, I'm only shaving."

WC 2.jpg

Big mistake.

WC 3.jpg

His daughter proceeds to monopolize the bathroom mirror, as an uncomplaining Fields attempts to use the mirror to continue his shave.

WC 4.jpg

WC 5.jpg

WC 6.jpg

WC 7.jpg

WC 8.jpg

WC 9A.jpg

After applying lipstick and combing her hair, she gargles.

WC 9B.jpg

Startling Fields, who is now attempting, unsuccessfully, to shave using the bottom of a can as a mirror.

To be continued....

WC Fields Pt. 2:

WC Fields has a shaving scene lasting more than three minutes near the beginning of "It's a Gift," 1934.

In an attempt to continue his shave, Fields hangs a mirror from the ceiling, and sits on top of a chair,

WC 10A.jpg

WC 10B.jpg

with potentially disastrous results.

WC 10C.jpg

So, after falling off, no more chair. He now attempts to use the hanging mirror while standing up.

WC 11.jpg

But the mirror refuses to hold still...

WC 12.jpg

twisting and twirling...

WC 13.jpg

as Fields turns and turns...

WC 14.png

by now surely getting dizzy.

WC 15.jpg

To be continued....

Attachments

• WC 10B.jpg
    WC 10B.jpg
    431.8 KB · Views: 1
  • WC 10B.jpg
    WC 10B.jpg
    431.8 KB · Views: 0
WC Fields Pt. 3:

WC 16.jpg

WC 17A.jpg

He give up on the twirling mirror, and changes the angle, pointing it down.

WC 17B.jpg

Fields is now lying on the chair, looking up, as his son barges in on roller skates to talk to him.

WC 17C.jpg

His daughter finally leaves and he is shaving in peace, more or less...

WC 18.jpg

when his wife shows up to read him an important letter.

WC 19.jpg

His wife, noticing his rather odd posture, demands: "What kind of tomfoolery are you up to, now?"

"I'm shaving," Fields replies.

WC 19B.jpg

"Why don't you shave over there?" she says, pointing at the now empty sink and mirror.

So it is.

(BTW, did you notice how skinny W.C. Fields looks, even in his undershirt? I used to think he was fat. But compared to Americans now, he looks downright svelte.)

Last edited:
Didn't see this one posted.

Mr. Robot S03 E03 45:45 on Amazon prime.
Brush and razor look out of a Pearl set. I have the set with chrome handle. Soap seems to be VDH in their Pewter Caddy mug.

I watch the series and like it as its my field of work.

I know the scene from "Oh, God!" with John Denver and the DE has been mentioned, but has anyone else noticed the Schick Injector on the counter?

Oh, God Injector.jpg

Since this was 1977, it's likely an L1. It's also interesting that the dispenser is still attached. I wonder if there was a deleted scene where God had trouble inserting the blade and decided to hand Denver the DE instead! 😆

He must’ve cut himself a lot. That’s a lot of toilet paper for a shaving den.

know the scene from "Oh, God!" with John Denver and the DE has been mentioned, but has anyone else noticed the Schick Injector on the counter?

View attachment 1394304

Since this was 1977, it's likely an L1. It's also interesting that the dispenser is still attached. I wonder if there was a deleted scene where God had trouble inserting the blade and decided to hand Denver the DE instead! 😆

Was "Paleface" (1948) with Bob Hope mentioned? I did a search, but could only find a mention of the sequel "Son of Paleface" (1952). Can't check the wiki while it's being upgraded. Well, if not, then...

Bob lathers up with a brush and a mug of soap, then starts to shave with a straight before being rudely interrupted:

Just watched this and another Bob Hope movie today

Top Bottom