What's new

Which trimmer for nose & ears

Which trimmer is recommended for nose & ear hair? My preference is for something simple and USA or European made. Most Amazon reviews are very mixed.

I already use an Oster Classic 76 Professional clipper for my head, but no nose/ear attachments are available.

I use a DE razor for my face.

I currently use a German pair of scissors for my nose and ears, but it's not as thorough or exact as I would like. I mean I can still feel hair in my ears since you're cutting blindly.

Last edited:

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I have a set of Andis ultraedge trimmer blades (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0006Q7IMG/). I know they are interchangeable with the Oster Classic 76. I use them to trim my years... work great. I would guess Oster has something similar

I use a German pair of rounded nose scissors too. That seems to be good enough for me. I've looked at those electric nose hair trimmers but I figured they'd end up pulling the hairs instead of cutting them.

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
There is only one kind of electric trimmer that works in nose nostrils, runs off a single tripple AAA battery, there are a bunch of them sold on Amazon. For general detailing work, a Wahl trimmer detailer is what you want. What you don't want to do, is bring a DE razor to your ears, cause unless your super careful, you will knick those ear lobes fast!

I have at least 5 in my drawer from over the years.

ConairMan. The best, but most aggressive. It may bite if you tilt it wrong, until you get the hang of it, but it's really good for getting hairs others don't.

ToiletTree: The best milder one. There may be a newer model.

I use a Panasonic ERGN30K that goes for $25 on Amazon. It works well and it can be cleaned with water. I went with Panasonic because I've used the same beard trimmer from them for over 20 years.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I have a set of Andis ultraedge trimmer blades (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0006Q7IMG/). I know they are interchangeable with the Oster Classic 76. I use them to trim my years... work great. I would guess Oster has something similar

I use a German pair of rounded nose scissors too. That seems to be good enough for me. I've looked at those electric nose hair trimmers but I figured they'd end up pulling the hairs instead of cutting them.
sorry for the typo.... "ears" not "years"... if only a set of clipper blades could trim off the years.

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
Ok, it's Chinese but it's the best that I have found for shaving inside nostrils and ear canals.

IMG_20211223_165339.jpg

IMG_20200628_102206.jpg
The Gold Dollar W59. It takes some practice to get it just right.

If you want to go in deeper, you could try a 3/16 SR. I haven't tried one yet.

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

i just use tweezers my own pair gf disallowed my using her eyebrow ones to yank nostril hairs out :laugh:

Yikes, thats gonna hurt! That must be what getting a wax job feels like, only your pulling the hair out of the nostril's. Who does number 2 work for? Not feeling talkative OK, lets pull another hair out of your nose. Yank, youzers! Feel like telling me who number 2 works for now? Dr. Evil ok. See, were getting somewhere now, you can have a popsicle. :p

linty1

My wallet cries.
I use a version of this one (the colours on mine are different and it didn't come with the attachment):

It's never tugged or nipped me and it's easier to clean, just rinse it (every so often I'll take either an alcohol pad to it or some hyd peroxide) and is easy to use, just twist on and swirl it around. I think you may find this version cheaper at your local Walmart off the shelf, but double check.

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

The one that Linty shared is pretty much like the one that I have, except that the Norelco is better quality. Mine was only 10-dollars from a local store sale. If you need something on a permanent basis which can do a good job and hopefully last awhile, I would go with Linty's pick. But see what I mean though, they are small, they run off a single battery, and are designed for that kind of detailing work.

I mostly use scissors, but have a battery-powered rotary type as well. Probably available at any drug store. Some rechargeable models come with various clipper attachments, if you want to trim other facial and body hair.

Top Bottom