What's new

Which is your Favorite Bay Rum Aftershave

I wasn't a fan of Pinaud VIBR until I added a touch of menthol to it. I like it a lot better now. My favorite BR is Avon, here's my own shaky bottle of it.
$avon br.jpg

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
My favorite Bay Rums:

Bootlegger's Original Bay Rum
Bootlegger's Lime Bay Rum
Bootlegger's Perfecto

Ogallala Bay Rum and also their Sandalwood aftershave. In the same ballpark is the Dominica. The Dominica comes in a much larger bottle but it isn't restricted, so there's considerable waste. I'd like to try the Captain's Choice since it's mentioned a lot in this thread.

I recently tried a little sample of WSP's Bay Rum...and WOW. Not only does it smell great, it also lasts a loooooong time.

WSP BR lasts longer than Ogallala and, IMO, the scent is more sophisticated. I also like the smell of Captain's Choice, but this fragrance dissipates way too quick.

Meehan's. The pinnacle of Bay Rums (IMHO)
Vintage Royall Bay Rhum and Royall Lyme. Not so much the new stuff made in USA
Crown Shaving Tonic. Wonderful stuff..with a slight twist on Bay Rum. It's Bay Rum with a bit of anise and barber's talc.

Boots own brand Bay Rum, it was the 1st Bay Rum I ever used, and since then nothing else smelled anywhere near as nice.
It's labelled as hair tonic, but it's perfectly acceptable as an aftershave and costs peanuts to buy.
If only I had the forethought to stock up before moving to Mallorca !!
Hopefully some friends of mine will be going back to England for a holiday in winter and they'll pick up a few bottles if I ask them nicely

I think St. Johns is the best, but it is pricey. My everyday favorite is Dominica followed by Master's.

There's a double strength Ogallala Bay Rum, Limes & Peppercorns aftershave cologne, too. I would buy it as an EDT if I could!

proxy.php

Last edited:
I use Captain's Choice Bay Rum and the Cat 'O Nine Tails. Prefer the original. didn't get "the burn" everyone said the Cat will give you and the scent wimped out very quickly. I also like Mountain Mikes Spiced Bay Rum - longer-lasting and a nice twist on a basic fragrance.

Top Bottom