What's new

Where's the Love for Omega Boar Brushes?

My 20106 is a big brush -
Bristle Length: 66 mm
Knot Diameter: 27 mm
Overall Length: 135mm

But what about the 10048 -
Bristle Length: 67mm
Bristle Diameter: 29mm
Overall Length: 130mm

Which Omega models have the biggest knots?

Omega 49 is pretty big!

Compared to a Chubby 2.

Ps. Not my picture, will gladly remove it.

proxy.php

I have the Omega 20102 and love it ! It works with soaps, creams and croaps and has a great face feel since it broke in. It is a huge knot with a great wooden handle.

My 20106 is a big brush -
Bristle Length: 66 mm
Knot Diameter: 27 mm
Overall Length: 135mm

But what about the 10048 -
Bristle Length: 67mm
Bristle Diameter: 29mm
Overall Length: 130mm
Wow nice beast the 10048! Is the 10049 bigger?

I am now the proud owner of an Omega 11126, 10098, and 50014. I actually think that I prefer Omega to Semogue, but I would first like to get my hands on a Semogue 1800 to compare. My only Semogue I own is the 1305, and I think a little more backbone would be great. My Omega 10098 is nearly perfect, I have to admit.

Wow nice beast the 10048! Is the 10049 bigger?

Omega 49
Bristle Length: 65 mm
Bristle Diameter: 27 mm
Overall Length: 128 mm

And for comparison -

Omega 10083
Bristle Length: 64mm
Bristle Diameter: 26mm
Overall Length: 128mm

Im rotating 2 10083's (with Poraso Green) and am very happy with the results.

Damn, you guys got me wanting a 10098 now

I bought an Omega 10049 Pro (red handle) and could not be more impressed with it. Got it shipped to my home from the Bay for 10 bucks and it must be one of the best bargains in all of wet shaving. I love how it gets better and better with time and use. The only problem now is I got my wife into using quality soap/cream and a brush on her legs in the shower. Of course she likes using my red handled brush so I told her I'd buy her another one and she chose white. Great brush!

Seems so! But I prefer the 20106 handle which does not look like larger than the 10098:

proxy.php

I completely understand! And thank you for posting the comparison chart. It is very helpful when I read numbers, but don't know the brush beyond sight.

Best of luck to you!

Im rotating 2 10083's (with Poraso Green) and am very happy with the results.

Damn, you guys got me wanting a 10098 now

Oh... it is a truly wonderful brush! Same with the 11126! The handle on both fits the hand as though it were crafted especially for it. I'm incredibly happy with both! :thumbup:

I absolutely love my pro 98. It's the only boar I own. I have never laid hands on a semogue. The styles of the handles just turn me off. I also don't like the idea of a small boar brush. If I'm going to be using a boar, I want it to be large. And the pro 98 is large and in charge. I like it because it feels like a good old barbershop shave when I use it. The style is just like an old time barbershop. If I'm going to use a smaller brush with a smaller handle and knot, naturally I go for badger. I'm not a huge boar aficionado, but I enjoy my omega. Will probably never buy another boar unless it's to replace my 98.

Is anything known about the hair grade they use in their different brushes? I am especially interested in knowing if the hair of the undyed bristles is the same as the "fake badger"?

Top Bottom