What's new

WHAT'S YOUR TEA TODAY ?

Another chai morning . CTC Indian Asaam and a good quality boxed chai masala spice.....

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-05-11 101347.jpg
    Screenshot 2023-05-11 101347.jpg
    275.8 KB · Views: 1
  • 4287782.jpg
    4287782.jpg
    329 KB · Views: 1
Upton's inexpensive shu Puerh this morning. I bought a pound of this stuff a few years ago and it's still going strong. Heady "barnyard" aroma but a mild cup. Nice change of pace occasionally.

Another CTC Asaam Chai day for me . All hand mixed spices , organic green cardamom, allspice , white pepper , clove , ginger , left out the cinnamon today ...

It's been an iced tea day for me- made with Wagh Bakri CTC Assam.

My daughter came home with something like the old Crystal Lite packets of powdered drink. One of them is a lemonade and it's delicious. I'm thinking a quick Arnold Palmer for a nightcap tonight mixed in with the Wagh B.

Finished up my kilo of Wagh Bakri Assam today. Always good to finish up something. Now, I'll rotate my breakfast tea between Yorkshire Red loose leaf, Safari Kenyan and Typhoo Extra Strong...while I look for a new black to try out. ;)

Cold brewed some Upton's Chinese "sencha"- a non-descript green processed in the Japanese way. It was fantastic cold brewed. Not great as a hot tea. Now I know how to finish up this large bag.

Yorkshire Red for both breakfast and afternoon tea. Different steeping times trying to dial it in. Shorter time was a bit better and less tannic but still had good body.

Still experimenting with the Yorkshire Red. 2 mugs this morning- one sweetened with a 3.5 minute steep and one unsweetened with a 2 minute steep. This tea is the smallest CTC tea I've ever had and needs experimenting with ratios. Each CTC "pellet" is half the size of the Wagh Bakri I'm accustomed to, so the ratios I've used for years with that stuff don't work at all now. The Yorkshire is way too bitter with the Wagh B. ratios.

It's all part of the fun. :)

Top Bottom