What's new

WHAT'S YOUR TEA TODAY ?

Lapsang Souchong this morning and then iced Yorkshire Red the rest of the day- with a cup of coffee after lunch. I think I'm done for today...

Ahmad Ceylon OPA loose leaf. Nice everyday type tea at a reasonable price. There are actual tea leaves, not little cut pieces of leaves. This is the better of the two Ahmad Ceylon teas I've tried.

You can mix this with some Ahmad Barooti Assam tea to make a strong breakfast tea.

linty1

My wallet cries.
Just discovered this thread... I usually just link to the coffee thread from the main page, I like drinking Jasmine hot, and then fruit tea cold (I just throw it into the bottom of a water bottle, then ice then water and leave it there for the day). My little can of jasmine is this:

download.jpg

but it's running low and I'm on the lookout for another... can you guys recommend a good Jasmine tea?

Just discovered this thread... I usually just link to the coffee thread from the main page, I like drinking Jasmine hot, and then fruit tea cold (I just throw it into the bottom of a water bottle, then ice then water and leave it there for the day). My little can of jasmine is this:

View attachment 1659906

but it's running low and I'm on the lookout for another... can you guys recommend a good Jasmine tea?
I've had some Jasmine green from Upton Tea that I really liked years ago. It was fairly inexpensive but had a great aroma. They have good prices and inexpensive shipping and usually throw a couple of samples in each order.

Do you want green or black tea? Jasmine scented black tea is tougher to find but it's definitely around...

linty1

My wallet cries.
I've had some Jasmine green from Upton Tea that I really liked years ago. It was fairly inexpensive but had a great aroma. They have good prices and inexpensive shipping and usually throw a couple of samples in each order.

Do you want green or black tea? Jasmine scented black tea is tougher to find but it's definitely around...
It was just yesterday after reading your comment that I realized "jasmine tea" isn't a tea at all.. its a scented tea, with a base of, as you stated green or black. I have much to learn. The one I'm drinking if a green base so I guess I'll stick with that. Reddit seems to like "Yunan Sourcing" online?

It was just yesterday after reading your comment that I realized "jasmine tea" isn't a tea at all.. its a scented tea, with a base of, as you stated green or black. I have much to learn. The one I'm drinking if a green base so I guess I'll stick with that. Reddit seems to like "Yunan Sourcing" online?
Yunnan Sourcing is a great company but their bread and butter teas are Puerh. With a few exceptions, the black and green they offer (at least years ago) were average to me. They're a legit company though if you want to give them a try. Just know that Jasmine green tea is sold by every reputable tea company in the world. It's like Earl Grey tea. It's everywhere. I'd still recommend Upton or even Adagio teas. Adagio's specialty is flavored or scented teas. I don't recommend them for other types of tea, usually.

I'm sure you'll find something good at any of the three above. Look at prices, reviews and shipping costs and see what sounds best for you. Let us know what you pick. 👍

linty1

My wallet cries.
Did not know that about Jasmine tea's availability, to me an "everywhere" tea would be.. yes Earl Grey and orange pekoe. At this point with so little experience, they are all "the same" to me so I'll prob compare pricing and just pick based on that/randomly. Thanks Eric.

Did not know that about Jasmine tea's availability, to me an "everywhere" tea would be.. yes Earl Grey and orange pekoe. At this point with so little experience, they are all "the same" to me so I'll prob compare pricing and just pick based on that/randomly. Thanks Eric.
Since you mentioned you were new to teas, this link might help explain Orange Pekoe a bit better...
You're bound to see the random letters on most tea websites and this will give you a head start on what they mean.

linty1

My wallet cries.
Since you mentioned you were new to teas, this link might help explain Orange Pekoe a bit better...
You're bound to see the random letters on most tea websites and this will give you a head start on what they mean.

Thanks Eric, def thought “orange pekoe” was just a flavoured tea, like the one from Tetley’s.

And now just made a couple of quarts of Safari Kenyan tea and stuck it in the fridge for iced tea over the next couple of days. Hadn't tried it iced yet. Looking forward to it. 👍

linty1

My wallet cries.
And now just made a couple of quarts of Safari Kenyan tea and stuck it in the fridge for iced tea over the next couple of days. Hadn't tried it iced yet. Looking forward to it.

That's neat, you make a batch hot, then cool it in the fridge. I usually just throw it into a waterbottle, fill it with ice and cold water and drink it throughout the day, speaking of,

Picked up a few boxes of teas to try for the summer cold:

007FE073-7D79-4EB4-8CB9-F970811BA8F2.jpeg

The right two are new, the teapigs I was actually finishing.

Top Bottom