What's new

WHAT'S YOUR TEA TODAY ?

That's neat, you make a batch hot, then cool it in the fridge. I usually just throw it into a waterbottle, fill it with ice and cold water and drink it throughout the day, speaking of,

Picked up a few boxes of teas to try for the summer cold:

View attachment 1661659

The right two are new, the teapigs I was actually finishing.
That looks great!

I haven't had a lot of luck brewing black teas as "cold brew". It always tastes too weak for me, so I brew it hot, steep for 5 mins and then chill it overnight. Green teas and herbals work a lot better for me as cold brew like you do it.

When you get a chance to try that Celestial Blueberry, let me know. I've seen it around and love blueberry flavoring. One of my favorite drinks to make is an iced coffee with New England Coffee's Blueberry Cobbler. Add some cream and sweetener and it's the best drink I can bring with me to work during the summer. :)

linty1

My wallet cries.
thumbnail_IMG_2702.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_2704.jpg

Popped this into the water bottle with ice and water... it's been about..1.5 hours later? And there's a light taste, punch like. It's nice, I was worried it would be bitter or something, but that may still be to come. The pouch itself looks kinda dusty, but so far so good. It's supposed to be a steamer today (nearing 30c), hope everyone had a good Monday.

linty1

My wallet cries.
Another cold water bottle full of the celestial "Wild berry zinger" waiting here after the coffee. I quite this cold brew thing, changes it up from just plain water. This makes me kinda wonder what cold brewing non-fruit tea would be like... I like jasmine tea, if I just put in a few pearls or leaves in a pouch and did it like that?

Another cold water bottle full of the celestial "Wild berry zinger" waiting here after the coffee. I quite this cold brew thing, changes it up from just plain water. This makes me kinda wonder what cold brewing non-fruit tea would be like... I like jasmine tea, if I just put in a few pearls or leaves in a pouch and did it like that?
I just did some cold brew green tea the other day- but to get a full flavor it takes time. Plan ahead and put it in the fridge for 12 hours and enjoy it the next day. 👍

Tetley's British Blend this afternoon. A decent and fairly strong tea that I can find locally but probably my least favorite of my "regular" teas.

linty1

My wallet cries.
I just did some cold brew green tea the other day- but to get a full flavor it takes time. Plan ahead and put it in the fridge for 12 hours and enjoy it the next day. 👍
Interesting, I'll be in my daily water bottle, so what I might do is make a little pouch of whatever, toss it in the bottle, put in maybe a cup of water, let it brew, then fill it to the top with ice and water the next day. Thanks!

That looks great!

I haven't had a lot of luck brewing black teas as "cold brew". It always tastes too weak for me, so I brew it hot, steep for 5 mins and then chill it overnight. Green teas and herbals work a lot better for me as cold brew like you do it.

When you get a chance to try that Celestial Blueberry, let me know. I've seen it around and love blueberry flavoring. One of my favorite drinks to make is an iced coffee with New England Coffee's Blueberry Cobbler. Add some cream and sweetener and it's the best drink I can bring with me to work during the summer. :)
I've had good luck with cold brewing green teas. I usually brew them for a few hours, rather than overnight as I do for black teas. I bought a lovely Gyokuro shade grown green tea from Sugimoto USA, a company that has been around since the end of World War II, that works well with this method. Gyokuro has a lot of body (umami) and stands up well with hot or cold brewing.

linty1

My wallet cries.
Thats good to know @TinyTim , I have some matcha that I will eventually get to and will try brewing some cold jasmine soon. Finished that pouch of Wildberry, and today it is the Celestial raspberry... whatever descriptor they used. It's currently sitting in the water bottle waiting for me to finish my iced coffee.

In other related/good news, the ice maker on our fridge started working again. Not sure what I did, I pulled off the front cover, took a fork and kinda cleaned out all the stuck ice and put the cover back on and it worked again. *shrug* Maybe the time opening the door defrosted something and got things going again? Regardless, ice = good times.

Tetley's British Blend this morning. Going to stick with it a few days and try to whittle down the stock of this one. I like it well enough, but it's not a favorite. Local store had a sale on it so I have about 130 out of 160 bags of it left. ;) Good thing I can make plenty of iced tea this time of year.

Eric_75

Not made for these times.
View attachment 1662071

View attachment 1662072

Popped this into the water bottle with ice and water... it's been about..1.5 hours later? And there's a light taste, punch like. It's nice, I was worried it would be bitter or something, but that may still be to come. The pouch itself looks kinda dusty, but so far so good. It's supposed to be a steamer today (nearing 30c), hope everyone had a good Monday.
Does Celestial Seasonings still make the Red Zinger tea? When I was a kid my mother used to make it for me when I got a cold.

linty1

My wallet cries.
Does Celestial Seasonings still make the Red Zinger tea? When I was a kid my mother used to make it for me when I got a cold.
I actually have no idea, but I'll have a look next time we go grocery shopping... do you remember what was in the "red zinger"? I'm guessing ginger?

Top Bottom