What's new

WHAT'S YOUR TEA TODAY ?

Been enjoying the Ty-Phoo Extra Strong the last couple of days. Really liking it. It may be the best bagged tea I've ever tried.

Went back to Wagh Bakri CTC Assam this morning. Just an old favTooT
Been enjoying the Ty-Phoo Extra Strong the last couple of days. Really liking it. It may be the best bagged tea I've ever tried.

Went back to Wagh Bakri CTC Assam this morning. Just an old favorite.
Too many guys turn their nose up at Indian CTC Assam .... It's the best for sweet tea and all forms of chai... This is one tea you can add to " boiling " water, cream , sugar and spices , especially a good masala spice blend or simply a quality cardamom. It holds up and has fantastic flavor . My only complaint is that since it's a lower grade of Assam you can't find an organic CTC Assam. I usually mix my own spices for chai masala , but the MDH is a very good blend , easily found in Indian shops .
81W9SIcRkzL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
Screenshot 2023-05-04 100509.jpg

@malocchio

I don't buy high end teas very often. If I do, it's usually Puerh and I have been in this hobby a long time so have well aged sheng in my cabinet now that are right at 20 years old. "Most" Assam teas have a similar flavor to my palate. I don't see much difference in buying the huge bag of Wagh Bakri CTC for a few dollars and spending more money for a broken leaf Assam from a tea dealer. Price definitely weighs in my direction for an Assam.

I drink masala chai about 5 times a year. It's not something I enjoy often but occasionally get the taste for it. CTC teas, as you said, are the best option. Lots of flavor that the milk and spices don't overpower. I've never seen the one you posted, and my closest Indian grocer is about an hour away, but will look for a chai blend when I eventually head down there. Thanks!

Yorkshire Red loose leaf today. I'll have to play with the ratios on this one and probably brew it just like the bagged version. These CTC pellets are much smaller than the Wagh Bakri Assam and infuse even quicker. It was good if not a touch too bitter.

A nice hot "DURA-TUFF " glass of Asaam chai masala ... Home mixed with: 1/4 teaspoon each of cinnamon , ginger , allspice , 1/8 teaspoon of clove and white pepper and half a teaspoon of cardamom. 2 Moos half&half and a teaspoon of La Lecherita low fat condensed milk ....

Back to the Ty-Phoo Extra Strong this morning. If anything could beat my favorite Yorkshire as an "everyday" tea, this would be it- and it may just do that.

Lately my cuppa has been PG Tips Gold. Can't find the Gold version in stores in my neck of the woods so I get in on Amazon. This brew tastes a little darker than Yorkshire Gold which I often put in the rotation too.

Top Bottom