What's new

What's Your Moustache Wax For The Day?

Blow dryer for shape and a bit of fisticuffs for some control. Nothing fancy today. I work in a cooler most of the day and moister collects and kills my curls.

Hey can someone explain what top coating is and how to do it ? Thanks !

Aaron , I am no expert but for me, using the example of three products, I put the pinaud in the body of the stache, comb it through to distribute, then I take the Firehouse and begin on each side to form the handlebar curls, them I take the G2bG and do a top coat over the entire stache, but I don't comb through this time, since it is already shaped making sure it is shaped and the curls of the HB are set. Hope that helps. That is what I do, but Mark or some of the more experienced can chime in. This will leave a hard set finish with no movement, but still looks natural

100% G2B spiking wax....the stuff is just awesome. Super strong hold but it looks really full and bouncy....it's really starting to become the top of my list stache' styling product.

Aaron , I am no expert but for me, using the example of three products, I put the pinaud in the body of the stache, comb it through to distribute, then I take the Firehouse and begin on each side to form the handlebar curls, them I take the G2bG and do a top coat over the entire stache, but I don't comb through this time, since it is already shaped making sure it is shaped and the curls of the HB are set. Hope that helps. That is what I do, but Mark or some of the more experienced can chime in. This will leave a hard set finish with no movement, but still looks natural

Awesome !! Thank you for the reply, that is what I was doing......a bit different, for example I was using Brooklyn grooming throughout and combing it in but then using G2B or, Joe Grooming Compound on the ends for rock hard hold for the curls in my handlebar or, English style stache' depending on my mood.

man's face stuff stiff breeze
no wax is quite pliable enough to apply the way I like AND yet still tame this unruly beast...
$16747359341_f54a1a3f7c_z.jpg

"It's a Black Thang" beeswax/pomade after I shaved, to keep the mustache hydrated, followed by an application of Firehouse Wacky Tacky to set the handlebar curls.

I threw out my half bottle of Got2B a few years ago when I realized the top part of my head was no longer going tproduce hair....

strop

Now half as wise
Decided to apply the 3017 treatment to my tin of Firehouse and tube of Stern. Probably 2 more weeks for each!

Top Bottom