What's new

What's Your Latest 100 Blade Purchase, And Why?

Derby premium because they work well in my gillette black beauty unfortunately a bit less in other razors

Next buy will be bic chrome platinum because they work very well in 3 of my razors. Ok and a couple of gilette platinums for the Parker...

Could take some time though tempting to use older blades first and gamble a bit with the focus dynamic 48 who is not so picky lol

Astra SP.

I still had about 180 in the stash, but wanted to dispel blade anxiety completely, while this brand was still good and still on the table.

Test sample worked OK, delivering a DFS, so job done.

100 more Feathers. I'd run out of them before and I wanna be able to get a close shave with my milder razors again so I can use them more often.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

I bought a five-pack of Gillette Silver Blues a while back with an order of gear, tried one recently, and was impressed with its smoothness despite its sharpness. So I bought 100 and I'll use them in my mild razors.

Bought 100 Personna Red Package Israeli
Best blades that I've encountered. Shave better the 2nd and 3rd days then the first. Some confusion because they call some of the blues reds. Has to be in the red box and with a red wrapper.

Be careful because some of the sellers substitute the blues. One Amazon Vendor had over 15% 1 stars complaining of this. I bought mine on ebay. I've had better luck avoiding counterfeit products or misrepresentations on Ebay over Amazon.

Also I like that they don't have the glue on them that some other brands have.

Personna Israeli Reds.JPG

How many shaves do you get out of these?
Normally around 5 or so close ones.

As an experiment, in the past I've used one blade up to 11 shaves without any significant deterioration after the 7th shave, but it just didn't get so close any more (you'd have to put some effort).

The ones I got are from razorbladesclub.com and they contain some wax. Not the best bargain, but the single packages that I got from there in the past were great.

Normally around 5 or so close ones.

As an experiment, in the past I've used one blade up to 11 shaves without any significant deterioration after the 7th shave, but it just didn't get so close any more (you'd have to put some effort).

The ones I got are from razorbladesclub.com and they contain some wax. Not the best bargain, but the single packages that I got from there in the past were great.
Thanks. I'll consider these for my next purchase.

Bought 100 Personna Red Package Israeli
Best blades that I've encountered. Shave better the 2nd and 3rd days then the first. Some confusion because they call some of the blues reds. Has to be in the red box and with a red wrapper.

Be careful because some of the sellers substitute the blues. One Amazon Vendor had over 15% 1 stars complaining of this. I bought mine on ebay. I've had better luck avoiding counterfeit products or misrepresentations on Ebay over Amazon.

Also I like that they don't have the glue on them that some other brands have.

View attachment 1073910
I read from several sources that they were the same blades, which are made in Isreal. I know the're very well made, but you have to like sharp blades. They remove too much of my pitifully tender skin.

100 Gillette Wilkinson Sword from Amazon for about $8.00. Made in China for the Indian market. Very high quality and shave as well as the GSB’s and Platinum. Similar to an Israeli Red.
Big plus no glue dots. For someone like me who is one and done with all blades they are a great value.

Top Bottom