What's new

What's Your Latest 100 Blade Purchase, And Why?

100 each of Gillette Silver Blues and Personna platinums (blue pack with red lettering). Had been hearing good things about them and wanted to try them

Rapira Platinum Lux and Voskhods. Why? They are smooth, cheap, sharp and work well in both my Slim and Merkur Futur.

Nacet & Gillette Platinum
proxy.php

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

100 pack of Astra SP from Maggards. When I first started wet shaving I neglected to buy these, what a mistake that was. Really good blades for me, I’m glad I finally tried them. I prefer them over the SS, but YMMV.

Astra SP & Lord Platinum
For me the Astra's are sharp, cheap, smooth and give me 10 to 12 days of nice shaves.
I tried Lord Platinum blades and really liked them for smoothness so I bought them.
Hopefully I'll get at least a week out if a blade, time will tell. But they are so inexpensive even if I get 3-4 days from a blade I'll be fine with that.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Voshkod (actually ordered 200) because I found out I was down to my last blade. Horrible planning. I also bought 100 Perma-Sharp blades. Voshkod is my go to blade in my favorite razors, it produces a nice smooth shave. I like Gillette (potentially the Devil) blades and had great shaves with the Perma-sharp sample blade I tried.

Traded for 170 Nacets, 90 Astra SP & 80 Voskhods. I went for the trade because Nacets work great in my favorite razors and astras are smooth for me. Not a fan of voskhods but i can give them away with stuff I sell so no big deal.

Derby Usta
Voskhod
Euromax
Feathers
Bic Astor / Chrome Platinum

I usually order in quantities 100. Nice round number and if I get really nice blades its a plus, if they're lousy it's not a lot of money to lose. I never pay much more than £12 for blades unless i know they're excellent like the Feathers. Single packs can be £3/4 here in the UK.

I actually only ordered 50 of the Euromax but was sent a full pack of 100 so that was a bonus.

My most recent is a 100 pack of Astra Platinum blades in the green and white packaging. Even though I still have about 85 Derby Premium blades out of that 100 pack, I found I prefer the smoothness and how long the Astra holds its edge. I'm at about 5th or 6th maybe more, shaves with an Astra blade with no signs of going dull yet. By comparison I have to replace a Derby blade after 3, maybe 4 shaves at most. Not to mention the Astras were only 10.95 from a seller on Ebay.

100 Gem PTFE blades for my Sabre.

Dunno if they’re ever going to show though; ordered them in the 11th from Connaught and they’re still in pre shipment...

Top Bottom