What's new

whats your go to dive bar drink?

Miller Lite and a shot of rail bourbon. The rail bourbon is the fun part, never know what you're going to get.

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
Warm gin in a dirty glass with a human hair in it. 5 points if you can identify the source of the quote

Actually, thinking back now to when I actually used to occasion such places, my standard order was "shot of tequila and two draft" repeated until close. The tequila was always nasty cheap crap and the draft (do not remember brand, I think selection was light or not light), was likely not the best possible choice; I'm sure the lines and taps were clean(ish) when they were installed...

Needless to say my taste in both refreshments and establishments improved and refined over the years.

In my younger years root beer barrels.

Later on CC and Ginger Ale.

In my neck of the woods I order a Grain Belt or Grain Belt Nordeast (or Hamms if I'm really feeling cheap)

I can usually get a Shiner bock anywhere I am so 9 of 10 times that will be what I pick in a dive bar or most anywhere else.

Walk in, sit down and wait for the bartender to ask "What can I get you". Reply with "Drunk". Works every time!

Antique Hoosier

“Aircooled”
Can of PBR or whatever near local brewery swill they have...........(Unless I am at RED KEY in Indianapolis...Kurt Vonnegut's old dive hangout.....THEN I order the House Manhattan like the local yokels do...)

Attachments

• $redkey.jpg
    $redkey.jpg
    162 KB · Views: 60
Can of PBR or whatever near local brewery swill they have...........(Unless I am at RED KEY in Indianapolis...Kurt Vonnegut's old dive hangout.....THEN I order the House Manhattan like the local yokels do...)
New goal...go have a drink at Kurt Vonnegut's old hangout. That is too cool, he's one of my favorites.

Top Bottom