What's new

whats your go to dive bar drink?

When i go to a pub or dive bar i never know what to order thinking they wont have certain alcohols or mix. What would you gentleman suggest?

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
Jack Daniel's and a splash of water. They always have some Jack around. Water, too.

I might ask the bartender if they have a favorite couple of drinks they particularly enjoy making, as they'll do a nice job, but I do mention that I don't like anything too sweet and certainly nothing frozen.

A beer. Can or bottled, never on tap.

I used to go to a dive bar where you were searched at the door for weapons. If you didn't have one they gave you one.

If you're in a dive bar you are either hiding from the law, hiding from your ex, or drinking your sorrows away (or all three). You won't be drinking for taste. Cheap beer or cheap bourbon is your best bet.

Depending on how much a dive...uber dive = a bottled beer :scared:; sports pub = Guinness ⚽️.

Last edited:
One bourbon.

One scotch.

One beer.

Nicely done.

Definitely consider the "specials". PBR and house bourbon and coke are safe bets. Bourbon and ginger if they have ginger ale. But I'd probably stick with coke to avoid asking for something they don't have.

Top Bottom