What's new

What's your coffee today? What brew method? Photos

OK quick update. You folks are not the only ones to have difficulty making iced coffee's. Its an art form and I literally suck at it. The only improvement that I made over last years attempts, is my coffee is actually ice cold, as opposed to before, where it only got down to being luke warm. I even made my coffee double strong, using more grounds, to make the coffee stronger, before I poured it over the ice in my mug. But then I added more ice, and then more coffee, to try and get more in there.

I'm using my Yeti mug, so as to make sure I have plenty of room to work, as opposed to have 0 space in a standard 6oz coffee mug. Another thing I had to re-learn. If you use a powdered coffee creamer, it only disolves properly in hot coffee. If you pour your coffee over the ice, and it begins to chill, and you put creamer in it after the fact, enjoy looking at custard for awhile, cause your gonna be stirring forever to get the stuff to dissolve.

I think its just too difficult to make ice coffee at home. Mcdonalds makes ice coffee far better then I ever have. The only issue I have with Mcdonalds, is that they use real sugar, and they use far too much of it! They need to use Splenda, an artificial sweetner, cause that sugar junk is so bad for your teeth and digestion! So yeah, I earn a point this time for actually achieving to get the coffee cold! But my ice coffee is nowhere near good enough to match restaurant quality.

So its a fail, which puts me in a bad mood, but I will drink it anyways. Screw it
Have you tried cold brew? I use cold brew bags to steep it in a large pitcher, but it’s easy to make small batches in a French press. My preference is to make it twice as strong (around 1:8 ratio) and then dilute with equal parts water or milk.

Morning All,

My early day at work today. Love these days.

Didn't love yesterday, though. Water pump went out on my truck. Parts are another thing that went sky high along with our groceries.

Back to an old fave, Maxwell House Original.

That's the news here in SW Georgia.

Good morning- actually slept a bit better last night….feeling pretty alert and I’m brewing a pot of my mystery grounds that I have in my canister. It’s a collection of coffees that I grind that I toss in there and then later on I brew. Using my ancient Moccamaster to get this concoction ready for tasting. Have a wonderful day today 👋

linty1

My wallet cries.
No coffee today, although tomorrow... tomorrow shall be a "coffee in each hand" day, long, long day today, work gathering after work, rush home, shower, then will need to drive across town to grab relatives, then wait with them/drop them off at the airport. Get home at around 1am with an alarm to go off for tomorrow 3 hours later.

Americano pulled with Starbucks veranda blend.
IMG_3668.jpeg

Old Hippie

Somewhere between 61 and dead
Some things get picked up by the nanny-bots even when I'm not trying to be offensive. :) So exercise your imagination on this one.

This morning it's Kicking Horse Coffee "Press Foot Hard Against Fanny".

Medium roast. Eyeballs open, but not with the usual speed.

O.H.

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
☕ Good Morning Coffee Crew ☕

Brewer: Behmor Brazen Plus 3.0
Grinder: 1ZPresso K-MAX
Scale: Timemore Black Mirror Nano
Coffee: Equator Mocha Java
Temp: 200F PreSoak: 30-Seconds

proxy.php

Got a late start to my day folks. Mocha Java today! Hoping my new coffee from Klatch arrives tomorrow.

Weather Report: Temp cooler today, 75F high ☀️ with a 58F low 🌃

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
☕ Good Morning Coffee Crew ☕

Brewer: Behmor Brazen Plus 3.0
Grinder: 1ZPresso K-MAX
Scale: Timemore Black Mirror Nano
Coffee: Bones Army Of Dark Chocolate
Temp: 200F PreSoak: 30-Seconds

proxy.php

This coffee gives me strong bones, a dark roast of unbelievable
levels of chocolateyness, rich bold flavor, its oh so good. :cuppa:

Weather Report: Temps are going to be 60F for the high 🌦️ with a chance of showers. 55F for the low. 🌃 There goes the fine weather we were getting. :rolleyes:

Eric_75

Not made for these times.
Good morning, coffee crew.

Finishing up the last of the Detroit Bold Woodward Ave. in the Crux this morning.

It's 53° in the Shores at the moment with a high around 77° today. Right now there's a 60% chance of rain on Sunday. I didn't sleep very well last night, so a little tired this morning.

Have a blessed Friday, friends.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
Good morning, coffee crew.

Finishing up the last of the Detroit Bold Woodward Ave. in the Crux this morning.

It's 53° in the Shores at the moment with a high around 77° today. Right now there's a 60% chance of rain on Sunday. I didn't sleep very well last night, so a little tired this morning.

Have a blessed Friday, friends.
I had a rough night sleep too..... but I just brewed a French Press full of Don Pablo Signature blend and am listening to Derek and the Dominos "live".... this rendition of Crossroads might be the best Clapton ever did, imho:

Top Bottom