What's new

What's your coffee today? What brew method? Photos

Morning All,

I fiddled with my iced coffee recipe and it's worse today than what it was yesterday. :D There's something about this coffee that doesn't work with my normal ratios and I'm trying to brew it directly in the tumbler I bring to work so I don't have an extra pitcher in the fridge. I'm messing up somewhere, so I think I'll save the little bit left for hot coffee. I figured that ratio out pretty well. ;)

Enjoy the day!

The breakdown looks fairly simple , is it ? ......Can you get a true "powder " grind with this grinder ?
Yes amazing grinder think there is a Red Click accessory ( extra), made specifically for super fine grinding/ expreso
Grinder as is can go superfine but red click rec for dialing in expresso
I use mine mostly for pour overs
Cup quality taste is where nitro burrs shine over rest of hand grinders in my opinion
Owning this grinder 2 yrs now, has proven its weight in gold
C40 grinders have a cult following
Definitely recommend it
Im sure better faster options out there for expresso
Loving mine for the cups it produces

linty1

My wallet cries.
Morning gents, it's very nice out today a nice breeze and not too hot today, low 20's (celsius). Iced coffee with the Clever today, halfed the water for my brew, filled my Tims cup with ice and... it's not bad! Kinda wish that ice cubes were more intacts and not little tictacs.. but it's nice.

I read online a taste test on "ways to make iced coffee" and apprently there was a difference on how the coffee was cooled, wether brewed hot and cooled in fridge, or brewed over ice etc etc. Let me try and find it... here it is:

Serious eats link

interesting read.

Activating puppy sniff power...

@Major Overk+ill He likes that Peaberry

That she did. 3 days in a row, she's picked that bag. Of course, that may be b/c it's in a red bag rather than a white one.

1686056207289.png
vs
1686056169152.png

Making the Tanzanian peaberry in a French press today.

True fact: the French call the brewing method we call "French press" a "cafetière à piston"- literally a "piston coffee maker."

-Z

50-50 Blend of organic Ethiopian / organic decaf Sumatra hand roasted to past first crack ...... powder grind , Armenian jezve brewed , touch ofView attachment 1665569f cream and sugar .
What’s your process for Turkish? I’m not sure if I’m doing it right. It tastes good but I’m not getting the foam. Goatstory Turkish pot on the induction stove. I forgot the ratio, but cold water toss in some very fine grounds heated on medium till “boiling up” and toss in a bit of brown sugar.

What’s your process for Turkish? I’m not sure if I’m doing it right. It tastes good but I’m not getting the foam. Goatstory Turkish pot on the induction stove. I forgot the ratio, but cold water toss in some very fine grounds heated on medium till “boiling up” and toss in a bit of brown sugar.
bonjing , The most important thing here is getting a true " powder " grind . What grinder are you using ?.... Once you get the powder here is a nice tutorial:
.... One thing I do not recommend is using a metal spoon in a tin lined copper ibrik , briki , ceszve , jezve etc. , you do not want to scratch the tin ling and expose the copper . I use a wooden spoon or an old popsickle stick ...

Opened up a new decaf tonight. Amazon's Happy Belly Special Roast decaf. The reviews were up and down, but the first cup is pretty good for me- in the genre of good "diner" coffee. It's not bitter at all, hints of chocolate and really smooth. Much better than the Happy Belly Breakfast Blend I tried awhile back (super acidic) and possibly better than the Community Decaf I quite like (slightly acidic).

bonjing , The most important thing here is getting a true " powder " grind . What grinder are you using ?.... Once you get the powder here is a nice tutorial:
.... One thing I do not recommend is using a metal spoon in a tin lined copper ibrik , briki , ceszve , jezve etc. , you do not want to scratch the tin ling and expose the copper . I use a wooden spoon or an old popsickle stick ...
Thanks, I’ve used both a Niche Zero and lagom p64.

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
☕ Good Morning Coffee Crew ☕

Brewer: Behmor Brazen Plus 3.0
Grinder: 1ZPresso K-MAX
Scale: Timemore Black Mirror Nano
Coffee: LaVazza Italiano Espresso
Temp: 200F PreSoak: 30-Seconds

proxy.php

This was a normal brew. But today is gonna be a hot day, so I plan to make an ice coffee later in the day. I'll let you all know how it goes then. For now, this is a great way to start off my morning with LavAzza.

Weather Report: Today is going to be an 80F high ☀️ with a 60F low 🌃 Weather calm

Good morning, coffee crew.

Cafe Du Monde in the french press.

Certainement, tu aimes ton Café de Monde! Tu en buves tous les matins, n'est-ce pas?

(You certainly like your Café de Monde! You drink it every morning, don't you?)

Perdon, j'ai besoin de pratiquer mon Francais. Je l'ai etudiee en la lycee, il y'a tres longtemps!

(Sorry, I need to practice my French. I studied it in high school a long time ago.)

I've got a story about that, though. Back when I was Ubering, I pulled over to pick up a particular passenger, and as she was entering the car, the driver behind me honked- as if to say "how dare you pull over and impede my journey for even a second!" As was my habit, I cursed under my breath in French. The young lady looked at me slack jawed: she was from French West Africa, and understood that I had just told him to f**k himself. So, we had a quick chat in French. During this chat, she gave me one of the greatest compliments I've ever had in my life: she asked if I was from France. Remember: this was a person whose native language was French asking me if it was also my native language!

As I always do, and do here, I attributed any skill I still have with the language to having had 2 terrific teachers in high school: M.* Lanzalotti in 9th + 10th grades, and Mme. Hartz in 11th + 12th grades.**

-Z***

* French abbreviations: M = Monsieur, Mme= Madame.

** Fun fact: since Chestnut Hill Academy was very English in it out look, it enumerated its middle and upper school grades from Form I through Form VI. So, technically, I had M. Lanzalotti in Forms III + IV, and Mme. Hartz for Forms V and VI.

*** Isn't it fun to put footnotes in a blog post?****

**** Isn't it even more fun to nest footnotes in a blog post?

Top Bottom